Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Deborah Wright, May 12 2011 6:56PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

chair or couch

What is best to carry out a reflexology treatment on pregnant clients. I am a mobile therapist and i already have a Ped.Should i buy a reclining chair or a massage couch.

Kind Regards
Deborah
Angela Rawlins
May 13 2011 11:55AM
Hi

It is not ideal to do anyone on a couch as they are sitting on their cocyx. I have both but are in my clinic. I will use a 'Relaxator' chair in my room only partially reclined as their 'bump' pushes the stomach and is uncomfortable. If you get a Lafuma, which is my portable chair, you may find that more comfortable and it is easier to take around. I just bought a cover for mine from Lakeland and find it much better to carry. Lakeland do do Lafuma relaxers NOT CHEAP, they aren't any way, but good chairs.

Hope this helps

regards

Angela
Deborah Wright
May 13 2011 1:46PM
Thank you Angela thats a great help.

Kind Regards
Deborah
Angela Rawlins
May 13 2011 5:54PM
Ps Deborah

My Lafuma is a green padded recliner, the ones in Lakeland are mesh and I'm not so keen on the fabric. Hunt round for one like mine:)
Regards

Angela
Angelina Kelly
May 17 2011 12:12PM
Hi Deborah,

I'm a full time Reflexologist working from my home based clinic I also, from time to time, do call outs and exhibitions. At first I used a couch but found that my clients were not comfortable in it and I wasn't comfortable with it either. I now use a recliner chair and portaped. Professional chairs of this kind are expensive so you would have to be doing a lot of sessions to justify it. I use a heavy wooden garden recliner with two cushions and the portaped. This is completely adjustable to both you and whoever you are working on so everyone is comfortable and the cushions can be changed easily. I find this is suitable for call outs too though I generally adapt the person's home environment to the best of my ability for call outs.

Hope this helps.

Angelina
Katherine Morrison
May 21 2011 11:56PM
I use a LaFuma chair for the client too, can you tell me what sort of chair you use to sit on? I kneal up at the moment but it's not very comfortable after a while. Thanks
Deborah Wright
May 22 2011 9:06AM
Hi Katherine,
THank you for you reply.
How do you manage that must be so uncomfortable. I use a reflexology stool on wheels it came as a set with the ped.
They can be bought on their own i got mine from Beautelle. Would a stool like this be suitable to use with
Lafuma? I am thinking of buying one.

Regards
Deborah
Katherine Morrison
May 22 2011 9:31PM
I think a stool on wheels would be the best option as long as it goes low enough, I'm also thinking about a saddle stool....decisions, decisions. I have had a lot of positive feedback from clients, who have found the LaFuma chair very comfortable. You can get a little tray which clips on to the side for the client to put their glass of water on.
Thanks for your reply
Katherine
Angela Rawlins
May 23 2011 4:50PM
Hi Katherine

I use a wheeled adjustable office chair in my therapy room on a carpet protector so as my new carpet doesn't get marks:) If I take my Lafuma to clients, I use one of their dining chairs. Carrying a Lafuma is enough with my bag!

You can get a sun umbrella attachment from Lakeland:)) Nice about the cup attachment:)

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion