Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted May 19 2011 4:20PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Holistic Facial Products

I am an aromatherapist and am thinking of making my own facial products using essential oils and selling them to my clients. I have just seen that someone posed a similar question last year regarding selling oils. Does the same apply to products made with base creams.

I went to a May Day Fair and there was a lady there selling home made facial and body products using essential oils. I dont know if she has made the cream herself or if she is using a base cream. Will she have had to have a licence to retail these products.

I am not going to advertise my products as such but I was going to have them on "show" in my salon should people wish to buy them. Will I be allowed to do that.
Thank you

Patricia
Robert Craig
May 21 2011 10:52PM
Hi Patricia,

I'm afraid I don't know the answer however I thought I'd point out that a number of Aromatherapists have joined NYR Organic as Independent Consultants. This means you can supply NYR organic products to your clients and use them in your treatments whilst making a profit.

• No minium order requirements
• Convenient online ordering
• Free product training
• Personalised branded website, where your customers can order direct from you (can be linked to your
existing site)
• Branded marketing materials, such as catalogues and posters for display in your treatment rooms
• No exclusivity contract in therapy sessions: you can continue to use other products if you wish (although
home demonstrations must be held exclusively using NYROrganic)

You can view our range of Aromatherapy products here:

https://uk.nyrorganic.com/shop/therapynation/area/shop-online/category/aromatherapy/

Anyway sorry if this isn't quite what you were looking for but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Regards,

Robert
Amanda Clegg
Jun 13 2011 7:10PM
yes you do have to have all skincare products that you make tested and certified, even if you are adding essential oils to commercially supplied base products. contact the Aromatherapy Council for more details.

the only exclusion is if you are supplying to clients that you have had a face to face consultation with, and you are, eg, providing an aromatherapy blend for them to use at home. However, you would need to check your insurance covers you for product sales.
Amanda Clegg
Jun 13 2011 7:17PM
Gill Kenyon has some good info on a post under treatment discussions in this forum - http://www.ctha.com/Forums/?b=7650

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Questions from Members of the Public