Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Tina Maria Pritchard, Mar 14 2006 9:26AM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Remedial massage

Hi everyone
I would like to ask members who have qualifications in Remedial massage how they rated them, wether they found the courses invaluable, how long did they feel the course needed to run to aquire good knowledge skills, was it better to have a course that was taught in sections or just a basic overview and did they find that they could apply the techniques taught with ease and confidence. There are so many courses available that as with many it is difficult to find one which suits everyones needs. Also does anyone have a qualification in manipulative massage and what is the difference between the two.

I would love to hear from you!
Tina Pritchard
Henry Johnson
Mar 31 2006 11:13AM
Hi Tina,

I studied in Australia, but have a look at the course and specifically the "modules in this course" section as a benchmark for what you should be looking for. My course was one year full time. Good luck!

http://www.acnt.edu.au/index.asp?template=course&coursecode=5MA

Regards

Henry
Tina Maria Pritchard
Mar 31 2006 3:55PM

Hi there Henry

Thanks for the info. Have looked at the site and the course sounds pretty impressive. It covers everything, which is very important and the clinical sessions would be good for building your confidence. I would like to find a practical mentor as well as completing a course - someone who would be happy to have me in their establishment and allow me to work as a volunteer. I'm not sure wether this would be feasible but it would be a good experience!
Thanks again
Tina

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion