Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Jacki Stephen, Jun 4 2011 3:31PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

botox

Hi there..

Im studying holistic massage, and need to know if I can massage someones face if they have undergone botox treatment around eyes and on crease of nose?
If so how long after treatment, and can i treat those areas or have to leave those areas but can work other areas of face
Jeanette Bean
Jun 5 2011 10:53AM
From a personal point of view, I would not work in the area that botox has been. Just personal opinion again, I would treat it like small oporation and stay away from area for three to six months at least. But unfortunately in this name and blame society if anything goes wrong with the botox treatment you could be first in the firing line. Hope this helps.
Louisa Pini
Jun 5 2011 11:06AM
When I studied Japanese Face Massage we were advised not to treat a client who had received botox in their face in the last 3 weeks. This is because it is a substance that is not only toxic but it that can be moved around the face through the massage. To be on the safe side I would check with the consultant who gave the botox injections. I think it is difficult to say avoid this for 6 months because I think this is a treatment that people have more than once in this time period. Fortunately, none of my clients have had any botox. Hope this helps. Kind regards, Louisa
Dawn Spragg
Jun 5 2011 8:16PM
Hi

I teach ITEC and I’m quoting what I teach to my Beauty Therapy and Massage students

Not to treat clients who have received Botox/ dermal fillers (1 week following treatment)

I also advise my student to get written authorisation from the practitioner who supplied the Botox or dermal filler giving their recommendations so you are fully covered, hope this assists

God bless and good luck

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Questions from Members of the Public