Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Deborah Wright, Jul 24 2011 6:59PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Atrial Fibrilation and Warfarin

Hi, does anyone have any advice on giving Refleology to an 81 year old with Atrial Fibrilation and taking Warfarin.

Kind Regards
Deborah
Angelina Kelly
Jul 25 2011 9:37AM
Deborah,

I'm a Reflexologist and have come across this one before. My advice is give foot massage not Reflexology, do no specific point work just general foot massage. Get all copies of her/his bloods if you can and whatever other medical information you can get hold of. Ask him/her to get a letter of permission from their doctor to allow you to continue working with them. The main thing you can offer them is comfort and relaxation which will allow them to cope better with their situation, the rest is up to the medics. As long as you keep it to relaxing massage you will be OK. The doctor's letter of permission is important for everyone's sake.

Good luck and keep in touch on this one.

Angelina Kelly
Deborah Wright
Jul 25 2011 12:32PM
Hi Angelina, thank you for your reply. I will do as you have suggested and also get their doctors permission.

Kind Regards
Deborah
Angela Rawlins
Jul 26 2011 10:29PM
Hi Deborah

You may write to the clients doctor on their behalf with their permission. Explain to the doctor who and what you do and that you have the clients permission. ALSO include a self addressed stamped envelope to ensure a reply:) Does work
Deborah Wright
Jul 26 2011 10:41PM
Thank you Angela i will do that.

Kind Regards
Deborah

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion