Please do not use forums to advertise courses.
Minutes of North Kent and South est London meeting 22nd of July 2011
Meeting 22nd July 2011
Our meeting last night was certainly popular with the members present so much so that it lasted three hours instead of two.
We had very little time during which to discuss the A.O.Bs.. However, three points were raised which concerned quite a few members.
• To ask the CThA to ascertain our position, as complementary therapists, with the Advertising Standard Authority. Lately, they seem to be targeting all complementary therapists on the wording used on their literature and web site.
• The headings of forum messages to include the geographical area to which they refer to and, if applicable, the date. Not much point to look at an event which occurs on the other side of the country (unless you like travelling).
• The CThA to ascertain the position of complementary therapists working from home or mobile and the requirements to pay royalties and royalty free music.
The two speakers we had were both very interesting and knowledgeable.
The first to speak was
Ranjit Gill. (email@example.com mobile 07796304934; tel. 020 8569 4434)
He is a chartered account and an auditor who has his own company and many years of experience.
He was kind enough to produce a pamphlet for therapists full of very useful information from the basic stuff of income tax tables, including national insurance contributions, Capital gain tax, Capital allowances, Leasing, minimum Wages. Key dates for payments and returns to how to set up a spread sheet and its contents and what you can claim for. He finished off with some case studies which show how the Inland Revenue can get it wrong, but not always.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to write all the stuff he talked about as it would take too long. I will reply separately to those people who put forward some questions but were unable to attend.
He ended with showing is commitment to all attending by offering is consultancy free over the phone and amazing fixed rates with free first meeting to set up the accounts/books.
Next was Andy from Songbird Naturals, www.songbirdnaturals.co.uk, Norton Barn
Ditcheat Hill Farm, Ditcheat, Somerset, BA4 6TL, tel. 01749 860 387, mobile 07703 608 133.
He talked about the ideology behind the Tui society, the benefits of using the different type of balms and waxes and we were able to sample, and to purchase, almost the entire range. Please visit their very informative web site for further information.
The products were very well liked by the members who made quite a few purchases.
The next meeting will be on Friday the 16th of September. I will let you know the venue closer to the date.
Please make sure you are registered with the CThA forum so to receive all the news updates.
As always, do not hesitate to contact me for any query or suggestion you may have.
My e-mail is: firstname.lastname@example.org, my mobile is 0772068709506.
And I look forward to seeing you all in September, in the meantime, have a fantastic summer.
North Kent and South East London
Aug 9 2011 12:49PM
Please find to follow questions raised at the meeting with reply from CThA
To ask the CThA to ascertain our position, as complementary therapists, with the Advertising Standard Authority. Lately, they seem to be targeting all complementary therapists on the wording used on their literature and web site.
- The CThA advise that all efforts are taken to comply with the ASA and their regulations. If you have a section of your website or a piece of print advertising that you want checked over for compliance, you can get it checked for free via the CAP website. http://www.cap.org.uk/
· The headings of forum messages to include the geographical area to which they refer to and, if applicable, the date. Not much point to look at an event which occurs on the other side of the country (unless you like travelling).
- It would not be possible to enforce this on the forums as the point of them is that all members across the UK and Ireland can communicate freely with each other. An individual may be willing to travel if the right Event was presented to them.
· The CThA to ascertain the position of complementary therapists working from home or mobile and the requirements to pay royalties and royalty free music.
- Any individual using music with royalties in their place of work (including in their homes if they are a mobile therapist) must obtain a licence. Please look at the article in the July CThA Newsletter for more information.
|Annette Clark Headley|
Jan 17 2012 9:27PM
I realise that you are no longer the area coordinator but was wondering whether you still have any of the above mentioned pamphlets by Mr Gill?
Has a replacement coordinator been appointed?
Wishing you all the best.
Jan 19 2012 11:44AM
|Thank you for your enquiry. I have replied to you at your personal e-mail.