Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Camilla Louise Robbins, Aug 2 2011 3:50PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Guinness World Record attempt email

Hey

Has anyone else had an email from a Victoria Nicholls of Mother Events for 'the most people being massaged' guiness world record attempt?

I've had an email about this with an attempt to break a world record supposedly Friday 2nd March next year. The second emails states that only 300 therapists will be needed and you need to pay a £50 sign up.

This rang alarm bells with me...... I've been caught by a scam in the past so wondered if anyone had, had similar.

Giuseppe Tomaselli
Aug 2 2011 3:59PM
How strange!!! I had a similar idea for a charity event with all money raised donated to a local charity.
The only difference is that the therapists would not be asked to pay for anything but just give their time.
I am trying to find a suitable venue willing to let us use it for free in North Kent or South East London.
I do not see why somebody should pay for this, and quite a lot of money too.
Be aware.
Giuseppe
Angelina Kelly
Aug 2 2011 4:08PM
Hi Camilla,

No, I've not been contacted. Thanks for alerting us. Seems like a scam to me. I'll stay more alert now.

Angelina Kelly

Camilla Louise Robbins
Aug 2 2011 4:14PM
I know thats what I thought... very strange to request money. when I have done similar events it has been free because they are asking for MY HELP AND MY TIME.

I think I will avoid it!!!
Camilla Louise Robbins
Aug 2 2011 4:17PM
Giuseppe

I forgot to say if you do organise a similar event let me know, more than happy to help out!

Mia

Giuseppe Tomaselli
Aug 2 2011 5:53PM
300 THERAPISTS AT £50.00 EACH MAKES £15,000. NO BAD FOR SENDING OUT A FEW E-MAILS!!!!!!!
Giuseppe Tomaselli
Aug 2 2011 5:55PM
Thank you Camilla.
I will be posting the request for therapists on the forum. If I find the venue
Giuseppe
Camilla Louise Robbins
Aug 2 2011 6:00PM
For anyone else reading this I have since searched the company on CH and its not coming up under the address given. There is also no contact number....... curiouser and curiouser??? I have posted a note on healthypages too to see if anyone comes back with similar.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion