Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted Aug 18 2011 11:54PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Distance Learning in Aromatherapy can it be done?

Although I realise that Distance Learning is no substitute to full/part time study in this field, I have read both good and bad reviews about taking this course of action. I work 5 days per week 7am-7pm and therefore will find it very difficult to enrol on a course at a training centre. I've looked into the online/distance learning options and am confused as to whether these qualifications are worth the paper they're written on!! Can you recommend any 'trusted' providers?
Pamela Bracken
Aug 20 2011 2:56PM
Distance learning courses in practitioner certificates in complementary therapies with a practical component such as aromatherapy, massage, reflexology are not recognised. This is because the practical techniques need to be taught, observed, feedback given, and assessed. There are also situtations where a treatment may need to be modified to meet the needs of the client. Advice on this would be given by the tutor. Other subjects such as anatomy and physiology can be taught by distance learning because there is no practical.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Questions from Members of the Public