Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Jane Hopwood, Aug 28 2011 5:04PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

CPD points

Hi, I understand that we need to keep up to date but I don't understand CPD points. Do they get added on a continual basis or do you get noted for how many you have done that year. i.e. Do they grow or are they annual. Can the public access how many CPD points we have? I do go on a lot of mini courses to increase my expertise but I am wondering why I to report them to get CPD points. Basically I am totally confused
Help. King regards to members Jane

Roushan Martens
Aug 28 2011 6:05PM
I would recommend you contact the CThA direct, as they are best placed to go through the whole thing with you step by step. Don't worry, it's easy once you get the hang of it!
Angela Rawlins
Aug 30 2011 7:16PM
Hi Jane

CPD points - you can find, I am sure an area on the site about them.

Continuing Professional Development - you gain points by :Reading, Attending local group meetings, these are easiest:)) (I'm a co ordinator) Workshops, courses most things that develop your knowledge. If you attend courses, you need to make sure that they are recognised by the CThA.

The reason behind CPD is, that you develop as a practitioner and gain experience and don't sit on our laurels:))

The points you gain throughout the year are submitted by form to the CThA and they will appear on your certificate next year. Points are NOT carried over, you can aquire any number but it was once required to earn 10.

Hope this helps

Regards
Angela
Jane Hopwood
Aug 30 2011 7:27PM
Thanks for that Angela.
Mander Thiara
Sep 9 2011 10:16PM
Hello Pls see url for exact CPD point listings

Thanks

Mander

http://www.ctha.com/downloads/CPDself-certform.pdf