Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted Sep 11 2011 3:53PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

cant decide which comlimentary therapy to do

I have taken an anatomy and phsiology diploma but now just cannot make up my mind which therapy to choose to invest in. Please any advice helpful.
Tracy Newton
Sep 13 2011 2:32PM
I just wanted to reply to this because I found that when I studied Massage Therapy, a whole lot of ideas and doors opened for me and helped me to find my direction. Massage is a good body to have in Complimentary Therapies as it is usually the first course to start off with as a beginner.
You can also do a full Diploma which will cover Reflexology, Massage and Aromatherapy but it could be a huge amount to take on board as there is lots of Case studies so you will need lots of spare time.
If you look on the itecworld website you can look at syllabus for what is required as some people don't do this and then realise they haven't really got the time to do the paper work as well as working full time. The Syllabus will tell you how many hours you will need to study apart from the class.
During Massage Class you will study a unit about Complimentary Therapies where you will have to choose from 4 Therapies and write about them and what they do. This will really help you to decide what catches your attention and is also interesting in finding out about Therapies that you may not have heard of but look really rewarding. There are about 25 to choose from.
It also really helps to choose something that is very popular. I find by looking at job adverts for complimentary Therapy you will see what job is in demand.
I would say either Reflexology, Aromatherapy or Sports and Remedial Massage with Holistic as your main body.
Also you don't have to stop at one Therapy as its good to be flexible and have more skills will get you more work in the end. Hope this helps.
Sonia Williams
Sep 20 2011 8:25PM
Hi

All therapies are benefical to the health and well being of the body, mind, and spirit; thus the saying "The power of touch". I personally would research the most popular therapy out there, or think about what therapy you would enjoy giving the most and go from there. You will gather so much skills and knowledge, once you start you won't want to stop learning more.

Good luck

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Questions from Members of the Public