Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Emma Sanderson, Oct 5 2011 8:17AM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Building a client base

Hi,

I have just started working from a Physiotherapy centre (K2 Physiocare, Park Road, Hartlepool) as a self employed therapist. I have distributed many leaflets to relevant people and places, such as my current contacts, hair salons, doctors surgeries etc etc and intend to do a feature for the local newspaper. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on building a client base however? or being a self employed therapist in general??

Thanks
Emma
Amanda Clegg
Oct 5 2011 8:57AM
Hi Emma
It will take time but it's worth it in the end. You need to get as much publicity as possible, but be very careful about advertising especially on things like doctors surgery appointment cards etc as many of these are scams run by spin-off companies that do the websites for them. There's another whole thread about this somewhere!
See if your local paper will do a feature on you - your physio landlords might also be interested. Our therapy group is planning an open day in January at the local village hall. Reward customers for referring you, do school pamper nights (NOT for free) and any charity events. Stalls at fetes and school fairs. Hand out business cards and try to get to some local business network meetings. You can usualy attend BNI ones as a guest a few times (not worth joining them as it costs a fortune) but googel Networking in your area and there are probably qute a few free groups or small contribution. Give time-limited vouchers as prizes for raffles (I give these a shelf life of 3 months). Ads in your local healthfood store and post office.

Don't worry about the slack weeks in the early stages - this is the universe giving you time to consolidate and to catch up on the admin and marketing. Visualise yourself busy and successful and you will be.

Take great care of yourself and especially your hands. Always work ergonomically and don't ever compromise this. Best of luck, and keep us posted!

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion