Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted Nov 3 2011 3:08PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Where to begin?

HI,
Please could you give me a comprehensive list of courses that I would need to do in order to qualify as a complimentary therapist? There seems to be a lot of courses available and I'm not sure which ones I should do in order to be able to practice. Please could you recommend what order of courses I should go on, e.g. which course is best to do first?

Many Thanks
Leeanne Gilpin

leeleelass@yahoo.co.uk
Tracy Howard
Nov 5 2011 1:32PM
This really depends on which direction you want to take. You can either start with a basic massage course or a reflexology course depending on which of these interests you most. Once you have completed either of these you are then able to complete additional qualifications to increase your skills & knowledge.
Which interests you the most? Reflexology or holistic massage, swedish massage or sports massage? Any one of these is available through ITEC, VTCT or AoR or look on here under education for courses that are about 1 year in length part-time.

Hope this helps
Siew Allen
Nov 14 2011 10:03PM
One tip make sure you go for a course which teaches hands on techniques and just loads of theory.
Also ensure the anatomy is covered thoroughly or elase you will be coming out unfinished and unable to be confident in your practice

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Questions from Members of the Public