Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Julie Munnings, Jan 15 2012 11:08PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Hand Reflexology CPD Workshops in Essex

New date set for post-graduate CPD workshop in Billericay, Essex - Friday 9th March.
If you lack confidence in applying your therapy to the hands or in offering advice for between treatment self help, then this workshop is for you. Most Diploma courses are unable to allocate a lot of time to hand treatments yet by applying your existing knowledge you will be able to ensure your own and client comfort and give a full and effective hand treatment. The class size is kept to maximum of 2 and the teaching is adapted to transfer your existing way of carrying out your treatment. Workshops run from 9am-4pm and cost £75. Handouts provided which include full photographic back up to learning. CTHA members or Essex Reflexology Group Members receive a £5 discount. Check out the website www.learning-chrysalis.co.uk for full course outline - contact Julie Munnings on 01277 652073 to book as places are limited. To arrange a different date please call Julie.

Deborah Sheppard
Jan 18 2012 2:03PM
Hi Julie,

Do you need to already have a qualification in Reflexology to attend? I've got the Level 3 Diploma in Body Massage but I don't have a Reflexology qualification.

Also, do you have a local CThA group near you? I live in Romford and have been told that there are no groups near me, but Billericay isn't that far away.

Take care,

Debbie
Julie Munnings
Jan 22 2012 11:16AM
Hello there,
Thanks for your query. Yes, you do need to be a reflexologist to attend the CPD workshop as it is a continuation from the diploma learning and calls upon previous knowledge of the subject. However, if you just want to gain an insight and some hands on techniques to use outside of your professional practice on friends and family, I also run introductory courses in Hand and Foot Reflexology. Please email me on padnju@msn.com if you want some more information or visit my website at www.learning-chrysalis.co.uk. I have had practitioners in other therapies come along to the intro courses or workshops as part of their continuing professional development but obviously on the understanding that what they learn is not to form part of their paid therapy work! Sometimes they have used the workshops to help them decide on a path for further professional training too.
I think if you look on the Forums part of this website you will find a link to a CThA group called Essex Coastal but I am not sure it is still running. There is a Federation of Holistic Therapists group in our area and I belong to the Essex Reflexology Group but that is for people who have Reflexology among their therapies and the focus is geared towards this.
All the Best
Julie

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Announcements / Events