Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Catherine Hunt, Feb 6 2012 9:36PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

South Lakes/Cumbria Group Request

Hi there

I've recently moved up to Cumbria from Cornwall. There wasn't a local group to me there either and I'm thinking of setting one up as I've really missed attending and would like to meet people locally.

I have emailed the office 3 times asking if they need a coordinator for my area, which the website says it does, but I've had no reply.

I have a load of questions, but first one must be, is it worth setting a group up? and how would I go about it? What support do you get from CThA? or should I take the lack of emails as an answer?

and I know that's about 4 questions!!!

Anyhoo, in anticipation

Cat

Catherine Hunt
The Relaxation Room
info@therelaxationroom.co.uk

p.s. Hi to Liz in Bristol, I've missed your meetings and you're my inspiration x
Stuart Dare
May 7 2012 3:28PM
Hi Cat, hope you get a reply soon. If not please give Zara a call at the office. As a group coordinator for the East Midlands I would say the interest is up to you to create in the local area. I guess there are many therapists in a travelable disance? (The group does not have to be soaly for CThA members) so it is a case of making contact with as many as posible, asking if they would like to get together, what they would be interested in doing at meetings etc. If you find good quality speakers etc. popular topics then you should get interest, make it fun, in a suitable venue for holistic practitioners (comfortable, relaxing, proffessional) depends what you want it to be. I have found the office to be friendly and helpful and apreciative of your interest.
Best wishes if you need any guidance drop me a line. :-))

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Coordinators