Please do not use forums to advertise courses.
JOB DESCRIPTION Complementary Therapist - Norwich
Hours of Work: 20 hours per week
Accountable to: Ward Manager
Salary: £15,615.60 - £18,577 per annum, pro-rata
The post holder will take responsibility for the delivery and evaluation of complementary therapies to patients and will be active in communicating with other disciplines within the Team, ensuring transfer of clinical information in accordance with the requirements of the Care Programme Approach.
The post holder will provide a range of Complementary Therapies to patients on a booking system, working to maximise the effective use of resources and to deliver treatment and care in an environment that is conducive to healing and recovery.
The post holder will be expected to act and practice always within the framework of the Complementary Therapies Association and its’ supplementary guidance.
The post holder will be expected to undertake the following duties and roles:
1. Plan, deliver and evaluate the complementary therapies programme for patients, working within the frameworks of professional governing bodies, statutory requirements and the expectations of regulatory authorities.
2. Practice within the framework of the policies and procedures of Milestones, ensuring that the planning and delivery of care is patient centred and that work is undertaken with patients in a spirit of openness and collaboration.
3. Ensure that all plans of therapy, subsequent changes and evaluations are communicated to the wider multi-disciplinary team, ensuring continuity of approach.
4. Ensure that all progress notes, and other elements of the Health Record are completed in a cogent, comprehensive and intelligent manner.
5. Attend, where necessary, case conferences and review meetings.
1. Undertake to further skills, knowledge base and awareness in respect of issues relating to Mental Health, consistent with enhancing personal and professional development and meeting the aspirations of the organisation in terms of enhancing patient care.
2. Facilitate where possible the learning and development of others.
3. Participate in the process of appraisal with a view to identifying strengths and areas for development, formulating a personal professional development plan.
4. Participate in the process of clinical supervision as a means of reflection on practice with a view to enhancing personal and professional development.
1. Participate in the system of clinical audit as required.
2. Participate in the Health and Safety monitoring system as required
3. Participate in the gathering and collation of data relevant to the organisation as required.
4. Participate in the internal teaching programme for staff as required.
5. Undertake an other reasonable duty as requested by Line Manager
This job description will be subject to periodic review
Milestones Hospital, Stonehouse Road, Salhouse, Norwich, NR13 6EZ
Tel: 01603 782200