Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Judith Quin, Feb 21 2012 6:22PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Sound Circle - London SE10

I am delighted to let you know that I have a date and venue to start running my sound circles ~ all details of time, date, place etc are below. For those who don't know:

What is a Sound Circle?

Don't Panic! Sounding is not singing!

The sound circle is a place to come together to make sound with chant and toning, to help let go of stress and holdings, to remember how to breathe and to find your true voice.

My sound circles will be held with a small group of people, a minimum of 3 and maximum of 15:

I will lead us in a few exercises which aid connection to breath, then I gently guide the group into making sound, using specific tones to open each chakra and opening up the energy of the circle into a chorus of free sounding; releasing personal holdings, freeing voices, inviting in positive energy from Source, creating a safe, sacred, space where we can escape 'doing' and let ourselves just 'be'.

The sounding either comes to its own natural conclusion, or is gradually led, back into silence ~ in which the group then sits, soaking in the still quietude of the energy created.

Remember, sounding is not singing, there is no right or wrong note and if you have ever been told "you can't sing", or you find it hard to express yourself, this may be the most wonderful way of re-discovering that you have a voice.

Even if you have never experienced this beautifully simple and powerful healing and expression of self, do come.

Important Details!

When is it?
The first sounding is on the next full moon on Wednesday 7th March at 7pm 'til 8pm. For those who can't do evenings, as long as there is demand, I will also be running a morning session starting Monday 12th March 10-11am.

Where is it?
I am holding it in East Greenwich at The Yogi Tree (just off the A102 and close to Westcombe Park station at 193 Woolwich Road, SE10 0RJ ~ there is easy & free parking!)

How much is it?
£8per person - pay at the start of the session.

How often will they run?
At the moment, monthly, on a Wednesday evening at 7pm and Monday morning at 10am. If there is the demand for it, there is the possibility of either group being fortnightly.

Do I need to book?
Yes you do. I can't run the group with less than 3 people and the room will comfortably hold 15, so I do need to know who's coming. If there are not enough people for one group then, of course you will be offered a space on the other.

How do I book?
Just email me judith.healinghands@gmail.com

Can you tell me more?
Of course, if you are unsure about anything, just contact me.

Best & Blessings

Judith

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Announcements / Events