Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Christine Morey , Mar 9 2012 5:26PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

public speaking on Therapies

I have been asked to do a talk on Reflexology and Indian Head Massage in my local town, if anyone has any ideas to make it as fun and informative as possible It would help alot, it is my first!!!!!

thanks
Angela Rawlins
Mar 9 2012 5:41PM
Hi Christine

I have given several talks and demonstrations on Reflexology over the years. I would tell the audience the history of Reflexology and how is was developed. To fill in time, I would give a brief demonstration on a volunteer. I would bring my large Reflexology poster so that the audience could see where the organs etc are placed on the feet. Perhaps you may have some testimonials so people can read how it has helped your clients.

Hope thisis of help

Angela
Barbara Lewis
Mar 10 2012 9:47AM

I used to get my students to do a 30 point plan for the talk
i agree with angela but you can grab attention by going down a reflex zone and describing the areas which are in it and which may have problems ie neck shoulder knee gall bladder irritable bowel
i usually use this to differentiate between our holistic approach and the allopathic approach which in the current system separates differnet parts of the body to differen t consultants - at least one person will have problems with all the areas you say !
if you practice ear reflexolgy you can use this to demonstrate how working the neck reflex improves neck movement
dont forget to tell them a little of your background how you started in this field and take some cards

any other help contact me on barb@b-l-t.co.uk
Christine Morey
Mar 10 2012 5:46PM
Thanks to Angela and Barbara,there all very good suggestions, its good to know I was thinking along the same lines as you both, its not till 26th April so i have plenty of time to put this into practice.
Christine Morey
Mar 10 2012 5:46PM
Thanks to Angela and Barbara,there all very good suggestions, its good to know I was thinking along the same lines as you both, its not till 26th April so i have plenty of time to put this into practice.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion