Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Sally-Jayne Claus, Jun 30 2006 10:56AM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Recommended brands of mobile massage couches

Hi everybody,

I currently have a massage couch which is far too heavy for me to carry around. I am looking to invest in a new mobile couch but there are so many out there, I really do not know where to start. Can anyone please advise of a good quality lightweight couch?

I have been looking at the "Healthline" couches on e-Bay. Any comments?

Thanks for any comments.

Sally x
Edith Maskell
Jul 9 2006 2:15PM
Hi Sally

Try the Massage Table Store, based in London. I bought a light weight couch from them several years ago. There is lots of choice, weights, styles and colours. Extremely comfortable for client and MUCH lighter than anything else I looked at.

Edith Maskell
Nicki Lee
Jul 9 2006 6:15PM
Hi Sally,
I bought my first couch through my training, and it was fine. But since then I have purchased a massage chair and electric couch, both of which I bought at shows at different times. This was quite helpful, as I had a chance to really look at them and compare with what else was on offer. They were both expensive, but I was confident it was money well spent because I had a chance to try them out- the chair I wanted to put up and down and adjust a few times to see how 'user-friendly' it was and also how heavy. As the electric couch was over £1000, it wasn't something I'd buy over a website!
If you aren't in immediate need, I'd wait until you can comparison shop.
Best of luck,
Nicki
Sally-Jayne Claus
Jul 10 2006 10:31AM
Hi Edith & Nikki,

Thank you both very much for your input, which is helpful. I can make do with my heavy couch for the moment so will take your comments on board.

Sally x
Jul 12 2006 10:49AMHi Sally,

I've got a wonderful Starlight couch that weighs in at around 8Kg. They are expensive but well worth it. Below are the details I've cut and pasted from http://www.naturalliving.co.uk/acatalog/Starlight_Therapy_Tables.html

Starlight Protech Package

Protech Table (weighs only 7.5kg)
+ Standard Head Rest
+ Carry Case
(Adjustable Head Rest Upgrade - add £40)

With its uniquely sculptured ergonomic profile, award-winning design, uncompromising quality, technical superiority and weighing as little as 7.5kg (16 lbs), the luxurious and superbly engineered Starlight Protech remains the ultimate and most exclusive portable therapy table in the world.

Its unique carbon fibre contruction and ergonomic shape means that clients have plenty of room for their body and arms but practioners do not have to reach across a wide table and the angle of the waisted middle section also creates less twist and strain for the practitioner. The Protech is 6ft long (plus the head rest), it is wider than most tables and yet is atleast half the weight of most tables.

". . . it really is the table that all therapists aspire to own and use "

SPECIFICATION:
Weight: 7.5kg (16 lbs)
Adjustable height range: 58cm - 81cm
Width: 71cm curving to 61cm at mid-table
Length: 183cm (205cm inc. head-rest)
Multi-Layer cushioning: 320mm (1.25")
Lifetime guarantee

Cost £795

I've never looked back since I got this couch in 2001.

Best of luck. Sue Carberry
Jul 12 2006 10:51AMHi Sally,

I've got a wonderful Starlight couch that weighs in at around 8Kg. They are expensive but well worth it. Below are the details I've cut and pasted from naturalliving.co.uk

+ Standard Head Rest
+ Carry Case
(Adjustable Head Rest Upgrade - add £40 - will add weight)

With its uniquely sculptured ergonomic profile, award-winning design, uncompromising quality, technical superiority and weighing as little as 7.5kg (16 lbs), the luxurious and superbly engineered Starlight Protech remains the ultimate and most exclusive portable therapy table in the world.

Its unique carbon fibre contruction and ergonomic shape means that clients have plenty of room for their body and arms but practioners do not have to reach across a wide table and the angle of the waisted middle section also creates less twist and strain for the practitioner. The Protech is 6ft long (plus the head rest), it is wider than most tables and yet is atleast half the weight of most tables.

". . . it really is the table that all therapists aspire to own and use "

SPECIFICATION:
Weight: 7.5kg (16 lbs)
Width: 71cm curving to 61cm at mid-table
Length: 183cm (205cm inc. head-rest)
Multi-Layer cushioning: 320mm (1.25")
Lifetime guarantee

Cost £795

Jul 12 2006 10:53AMHi Sally,

I've got a wonderful Starlight couch that weighs in at around 8kg. They are expensive but well worth it. Below are the details I've cut and pasted from naturalliving. co. uk

+ Standard Head Rest
+ Carry Case
(Adjustable Head Rest Upgrade - add £40 - will add weight)

SPECIFICATION:
Weight 7.5kg (16lbs)
Width 71cm curving to 61cm at mid-table
Length 183cm (205cm inc. head-rest)
Multi-Layer cushioning 320mm (1.25)
Lifetime guarantee

Cost £795

Jul 12 2006 10:55AMHi Sally,

I've got a wonderful Starlight couch that weighs in at around 8kg. They are expensive but well worth it. Below are the details from the Natural Living website.

Standard Head Rest, Carry Case (Adjustable Head Rest Upgrade - add £40 - will add weight)

SPECIFICATION:
Weight 7.5kg
Adjustable height range 58cm - 81cm
Width 71cm curving to 61cm at mid-table
Length 183cm
Multi-Layer cushioning 320mm
Lifetime guarantee

Cost £795

Jul 12 2006 11:00AMHi Sally,

I've got a wonderful Starlight couch that weighs in at around 8kg. They are expensive but well worth it. I bought the Starlight Protech Package which consists of the following;

Table 7.5kg
Head rest and carry case.

It's made of carbon fibre and aluminium and is shaped like a figure of 8. Making it narrower at the middle for easier access.

The Specifications
weight 7.5kg
Height range 58-81cm
Length 183cm
multi layer cushioning 32cm

Cost £795 - but well worth every penny!!

I haven't looked back since I got this couch, although it's very expensive.

Good luck, Sue Carberry
Sally-Jayne Claus
Nov 3 2006 12:23PM
Dear Sue,

You must think I am terribly rude for not responding to your helpful comments on massage couches. The truth is I haven't been on the forum for some time and now I have and seen your reply a number of times, i feel terrible! Your detailed comments are really helpful and i will check out the starlight for myself.

Best regards,

Sally

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion