Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Teresa Bultitude, May 8 2012 11:21AM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Head Injuries

Hello, has anyone had any experience working with someone who has had a serious head injury which resulted in 2 strokes and a fractured skull.

Im thinking Reflexology and have found some interesting articles that seem positive in aiding this condition.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts

Thanks
Teresa
Patrick Pires
May 8 2012 4:35PM
Theresa, such kinds of injuries are usually contra-indicated in the context of massage therapy. That is, leave to the experts!
Mike Colquhoun
May 9 2012 9:53AM
Hi Teresa and Patrick
I'm sorry Patrick I can't agree with you. I have treated so many people that mainstream medicine has stopped treating because that is as better as they can get and have rarely failed to improve the patient's quality of life, which is what most of complementary medicine is all about. As to Contra indications for treatment then somewhere sometime some 'expert' has listed every concevable condition as a contra indication because that way they can not be sued by a practioner for misleading over safety.
Err on the side of caution and remeber that it is better to no good than to do any harm and you will not go far wrong. I'm sure some experienced reflexologist will help you with advice as to what is safe and what is not.
Yours Mike
Julie Egginton
Jun 17 2012 10:16AM
Hi Teresa,

I notice you do Reiki, and this may be a nice gentle treatment to start with, balancing the energies before moving onto something more physical such as Reflexology.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Discussion about treatments