Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Kara Bultitude, Jun 18 2012 2:01PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Help where to buy more hot stones

Please can anyone tell me where they buy good quality hot stones,I am a qualified therapist and bought the new hot stones bag with the stones, but some of the stones are not I think upto standards and after discussions with the company they were not very helpful, so I was wondering where the place to buy new ones, I have seen eBay and amazon and the odd company on line but not sure whether they are quality stones or not... Thanksyou
Victoria Page
Jun 18 2012 4:26PM
Hi Kara

If you're interested I'm looking at selling my hot stones and heater. It's my least used treatment and I've been carrying the whole with me every time I've moved .... It's time I let them go!

You can email me direct for more info and in the meantime I'll get some pictures taken and have a count up as to how many there are. They came back in my Aunt's suitcase from the US to save me the huge tax and postage costs and are lovely stones, keep they're heat. Feel a bit sad at letting them go but they just don't come out and get used anymore.

I haven't thought of price yet so will do a bit of research too. Otherwise I'll post them for sale on here.

I've also got the marble/cold set for the cold bit of massage if you do the shock treatment bit!!! (I don't personally like the cold bit, makes me jump but good for inflammation).

Victoria :)

relax@vip-therapies.com
Kara Bultitude
Jun 18 2012 5:02PM
Thanks Victoria, I don't need a heater thanksyou, but if you let me know how many and sizes or what stones they are for. Ie placement, sacrum. And a price I will also consider cold stones( are they marble) ?
Victoria Page
Jun 18 2012 7:55PM
Hi Kara,

Yes that's fine I understood it's just stones you're interested in.

The stones for cold massage were sold to me as 'marble' and came back from the US too. I'm not an expert on marble but they're very cold and do the job.

Will follow up with prices asap

Victoria
Kara Bultitude
Jun 18 2012 8:04PM
Ok Victoria, x
Elizabeth Rabone
Jun 20 2012 9:24PM
re whether the cold ones are marble, someone told me once that you could tell if something was real marble by holding your hand on it for a long time - if it stayed cold, it was real marble, if it warmed up it wasn't.
Elizabeth Rabone
Jun 20 2012 9:24PM
re whether the cold ones are marble, someone told me once that you could tell if something was real marble by holding your hand on it for a long time - if it stayed cold, it was real marble, if it warmed up it wasn't.
Kerry Oliver
Jun 20 2012 9:38PM
I got mine from the Hot Rocks lady on Ebay (recommended by the person I trained with)- as has been said postage and tax from US add up - total for 56 paired stone set including everything came to almost £100 - but they are good and well sourced I believe. She also does whatever stones you are looking for not just sets. Good luck
Kara Bultitude
Jun 20 2012 11:06PM
Thank you Kerry I will look into it xxx
Victoria Page
Jun 21 2012 10:13PM
Hi Kara

I have been researching prices on ebay for what the stones have been selling for and that's what I'm basing prices on.

£50 for 57 basalt stones for hot massage (includes 2 sacral stones and then various sizes going down to the ones for toes)
£15 for 11 marble stones for cold massage (includes 2 much smaller ones and 9 all roughly the same size)

Postage would be on top of that unless you wanted to collect.

If you are interested, please send me an email so I can email you the photo's I've taken.

If I don't hear from you by Sunday 24th June I'll assume you've found an alternative and will sell them on ebay.

Good luck with your stones massage, such a wonderfully relaxing treatment.

Kara Bultitude
Jun 22 2012 8:08AM
Hello Victoria could you send me pictures please email address karab@btinternet.com thank you x
Kerry Oliver
Jun 26 2012 12:57PM
Hi Kara, do you still have the marble stones as would be interested in these.
Thanks,Kerry
Victoria Page
Jun 29 2012 5:13PM
Hi Kerry

It's actually me that has the stones or sale :)

You can have first refusal after I've touched based with another therapist early next week. So I'll place a post what I have for sale under a separate post.

Kerry Oliver
Jun 29 2012 5:53PM
thanks Victoria - I knew it was you just got names mixed up! But will not see post for couple of weeks as will be away - you could text me on 07966 518 386 if they turn out still available
Victoria Page
Jun 29 2012 5:57PM
Ok no probs Kerry :)

Have a good time away
Kara Bultitude
Jun 29 2012 11:58PM
Sorry for not getting back sooner Kerry, I have been so busy. I think I will keep the ones I have for time being and wait to buy more when I get more of a client base for them. Thanks so much Kara xxx

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion