Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by CThA CThA, Jul 3 2012 2:47PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Voluntary Complementary Therapist - Whipps Cross University Hospital

We are looking for therapists who are willing to commit to working one day per week for one year on a voluntary basis (including in the summer holidays – reasonable leave is of course ok!). The job title is Honorary Complementary Therapist. Although no money changes hands, we do ask therapists to see it as an extension of CPD. Therefore in exchange for working outpatient and inpatient clinics you…
• Gain extensive experience of working with severe pathology and some of the hospital’s most complex patients
• Experience working with a close multi-disciplinary team
• NHS experience
• Full access to any of our CPD events free of charge (see last year’s attached programme)
• In-house supervision and annual appraisal.

We are looking for therapists who are qualified in at least one of the following touch therapies:
• Aromatherapy
• Reflexology
• Massage
• Shiatsu
• We also have homeopathy but request that homeopaths are also qualified to practise a touch therapy.

Although the honorary contract is for just one year, it is possible to re-new this following appraisal – some of our current Honorary Therapists have been with us for years. Likewise, many of the therapists who stayed for one year and then left went on to gain full paid employment in hospices and other such organisations on the basis of experience gained with us. This is an emerging area of medicine and NHS experience and a good reference may help with longer term career prospects.

If you or someone you know is interested please could you contact either myself or Neil Browne (copied into this) and we will send you an application form.
• The closing date for this round of applications Monday 13th August
• Interviews will be held in September and start dates are October 2012.
• The next round of CPD events will be available to access in January 2013.

Don’t worry if you are newly qualified…we will provide you with support!

Julia Briscoe
Head of Complementary Therapies
Whipps Cross University Hospital
Whipps Cross Road
Leytonstone
London E11 1NR

Tel: 0208 539 5522 ext 5840
Email: julia.briscoe@whippsx.nhs.uk

Christine Skinner
Jul 15 2012 9:54AM
i have recently passed my Itec level 3 Aromatherapy I passed my beauty therapy and anatomy and physiology in 2004 i am interested in the position of voluntary Aromatherapy

Christine Skinner

christineskinner@hotmail.co.uk

Many thanks

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Employment Opportunities