Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Anne Crease, Sep 20 2012 9:31AM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Massage in Schools Programme (MISP) Instructor's training

The Massage in Schools Programme (MISP) is for children of 4-12 years their parents. If you are working in schools, children's organisations or with parents the two day Instructor's training course may be of interest to you. This established programme uses clothed peer massage and positive touch to improve concentration and social integration, and it's fun! 10 CPD points. Join us. Trainings near Cardiff, 6 & 7 November and Middlesbrough, 27 & 28 November 2012. www.touchlinetraining.co.uk
Amy Law
Sep 20 2012 10:42AM
Hi Anne,

I just qualified as MISP Instructor and had the honour to be trained by Sylvie Hetu last weekend! I loved it as I really want to work with children and have done so in the past. She mentioned to get in touch with you to find out about MISP with teenagers and the work you've been doing. It would be great if I can get more resources for this.

Kind regards,

Amy
amysmlaw@yahoo.co.uk
Anne Crease
Sep 20 2012 11:16AM
Hi Amy

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your training with Sylvie. I trained with her in 2001 and have been working in a voluntary capacity with MISA ever since. I am sure you will love the work. I have net wonderful people and made friends in developing the MISP - not to mention enjoying the delight of the children.

I am a former secondary school teacher and therapist and with colleagues developed a wellbeing programme for young people - but it grew. The IMPACT Wellbeing Programme is now for young people and adults in a variety of situations. Please take a look at the website www.impact4wellbeing.co.uk This is informative. Then please get back to me and maybe we can discuss further training for you or other options.

Keep in touch and I am sure I will be in touch with you as Chair of MISA!

Best wishes
Anne

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Announcements / Events