Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Cindy Wingate, Oct 21 2006 12:15AM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

2 for 1 offer

I have paid £12 to join a scheme whereby I subside myself by providing free sessions, that cost me in terms of travel, towels, creams, time etc? Or have I misinderdtood?
George B.
Oct 21 2006 12:34AM
Cindy,

The purpose of the scheme is to gain you new clients, at a very reasonable cost.

The scheme was very popular with members last year, but of course it may not be for everyone.

George
Cindy Wingate
Oct 21 2006 1:01AM
Hmm.... ok George. Well, perhaps it is just me, but I did not realise it would be such a hefty 'discount'. After all, working for nothing is quite a committment. (I remember a similar scheme was run by a well known crisp company, a voucher from the packet got one a 'buy one get one free' curry from a local takeaway - The proprietor would divide the meat content of one between the two and add extra sauce!) I agree, for some it is probably a useful scheme... but as a mobile therapist, I think it is not a good deal at all for me personaly. Tomorrow I shall look over the information as I probably just didn't analyse it correctly.
George B.
Oct 21 2006 1:11AM
Cindy,

You are effectively working "half-price" not for free?

That's what 2-for-1 is, near enough, isn't it?

George
Cindy Wingate
Oct 21 2006 1:36AM
Well George.... I understand what you are saying. But in my case 4 x car journey which could be an hour or so away, for ONE fee, could be a deep cut. I am most likely a minority, however, and; 'The proof of the pudding...' as they say, I shall monitor with interest! Thank you for your interaction :)
George B.
Oct 21 2006 7:19PM
Cindy,

I just noticed that the offer terms and conditions (both offers) say that

"Any additional products associated with the chosen therapy may be charged at standard prices."

I think if you have to travel a long way twice ( they don't take both offer treatments together ) you may be able to charge that as an extra.

Do you normally charge extra if you have to travel a long way?

Generally, you may want to consider your pricing structure in light of the offer.

George

George B.
Oct 22 2006 12:25PM
Cindy,

See John Dent's post in General discussion.

He has confirmed that you can charge 2 x your travel costs.

George
Linden Gregory
Oct 22 2006 7:35PM
Cindy, might also be an idea to look at the Telegraph 2 for 1 post from earlier this year.
Cindy Wingate
Oct 23 2006 5:04PM
George and Linden, I have read John's suggestion and altogether I agree the matter can be classed as resolved. Thank you for your input :)
Gillian Kenyon
May 18 2008 11:28AM
I have just received this from EMBODY - they are asking therapists to collect the vouchers and send them back. Why when we are not being paid anything for the vouchers- is it because all the other campaigns seem to have been so disasterous and EMBODY wishes to counter those claims ?.

I am however aghast that as this promotion is being run by Mosaic - and will be being paid for by Muller - why is it being taken as the second promotion for which EMBODY members have paid - It is not costing EMBODY anything - indeed, I would even ask, is this like the aborted ASDA promotion through Mosaic - are EMBODY being paid by Mosaic as well as being paid £20 by us members ?.

Second Embody Promotion begins tomorrow
You may not know this sender. Mark as safe | Mark as unsafe
Sent:18 May 2008 06:22:26
To: thehclub@hotmail.com

Dear Gillian The Müllerlight on pack promotion begins tomorrow, 2.5 million promotional packs will begin to hit the shelves tomorrow.

For terms and conditions see: www.embodyforyou.com/Promotions/MullerlightTermsAndConditions

To help us monitor the response to this promotion, please can you collect all vouchers you receive and send them in to us at the end of the promotion to the address below.

Good luck
Martyn Nixon
Marketing Manager
Embody Embody Promotions
PO Box 6955
Towcester
NN12 6WZ
Tel: 0870 005 2646 Fax: 0844 779 8898
Email : info@embodyforyou.com
Web : www.EmbodyForYou.com

A division of Education & Media Services Limited.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion