Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by CThA Administrator, Jan 9 2013 12:38PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Complimentary Therapies Questionnaire

Complimentary Therapies Questionnaire!
Dear reader, I have sent this questionnaire as part of a task for one of my courses at John Cleveland College.
I would please like you to return this before January the 10th else I will be in to pick it up on the 11th of January.
Kind Regards Luke JP Brink.

Q1: What are the Principles of Complimentary Therapies?

Q2: What are the Practices of Complimentary Therapies?

Q3: Which Complimentary therapies to you recommend can backup which Orthodox Therapies?

Q4: Would you use Complimentary Therapies to backup Orthodox Therapies?

Q5: How do you use your Complimentary Therapies?

Q6: How do you use Complimentary Therapies in comparison to Orthodox Therapies?

Q7: What are your opinions of Complimentary Therapies and Orthodox Therapies?

Q8: How often do you use Complimentary Therapies compared to Orthodox Therapies?

Q9: Do you recommend Complimentary Therapies?

Q10: what are the values of Complimentary Therapies?

Q11: What are the values of Orthodox Therapies/ Treatments?

Q12: What is the best Treatment you suggest for a Cancer Patient?

THIS HAS BEEN POSTED ON BEHALF OF A THIRD PARTY, PLEASE RESPOND DIRECTLY TO 10lbrink@jcc.leics.sch.uk
Lucy MacArthur
Jan 9 2013 5:43PM
Q1: What are the Principles of Complimentary Therapies?
To support a person's health through prevention and treatment, alongside any orthodox treatment required.

Q2: What are the Practices of Complimentary Therapies?
Don't understand question.

Q3: Which Complimentary therapies to you recommend can backup which Orthodox Therapies?
Too long to list all but examples would be Qigong or Aromatherapy (agreed with medical practitioners) in recovery/convalescence from cancer treatment, acupuncture for symptoms of type 2 diabetes (alongside orthodox drug or nutritional treatment), Massage alongside orthopaedic/physiotherapy treatments.

Q4: Would you use Complimentary Therapies to backup Orthodox Therapies?
Yes!

Q5: How do you use your Complimentary Therapies?
Massage, Aromatherapy (currently for friends/other therapists) and Qigong teaching.

Q6: How do you use Complimentary Therapies in comparison to Orthodox Therapies?
Mostly as a back-up to orthodox therapies rather than as an alternative.

Q7: What are your opinions of Complimentary Therapies and Orthodox Therapies?
I think orthodox therapies are often needed and can be life saving whereas complimentary therapies tend to support a more long term solution (but are also very important/beneficial).

Q8: How often do you use Complimentary Therapies compared to Orthodox Therapies?
For myself, I use Qigong every other day and Aromatherapy regularly, occasionally Reiki too but am only alive due to an orthodox treatment so use that every day too.

Q9: Do you recommend Complimentary Therapies?
Yes.

Q10: what are the values of Complimentary Therapies?
As said above, I see them as helping to support a healthy lifestyle and preventing both minor ailments and in some cases more serious illnesses.

Q11: What are the values of Orthodox Therapies/ Treatments?
As said above, often life saving but not always a sustainable long term solution.

Q12: What is the best Treatment you suggest for a Cancer Patient?
I think it depends on the patient/client and type of cancer but the best complimentary therapy I know of is Qigong, alongside professional orthodox treatment/monitoring.
CThA Administrator
Jan 11 2013 10:11AM
Hi Lucy,

Luke has asked me to thank you on his behalf for your response; he said it was very helpful for his work.

Kind Regards,
Zara Gooch

CThA Administrator
Jacqueline Johnson
Jan 11 2013 3:19PM
Please remember to spell COMPLEMENTARY therapies correctly! Complimentary means a spoken or written expression of praise, complementary means completing, accompanying, making complete, hence accompanying orthodox medicine.
Lucy MacArthur
Jan 14 2013 8:36AM
We are most dreadfully sorry Jacqueline! You are right (and if Luke had not spelt it wrongly in his questions I probably wouldn't have in my answers but hey, in the bigger picture .........).

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Questions from Members of the Public