Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Peter Hazlewood, Mar 8 2013 11:32AM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Google page 1

Hi, any of you who have launched into the world of SEO (search engine optimization) to get your website on page 1 of Google searches will have come across the complex world of Google's algorithmic search rating. One way, currently, to improve your rating is to have links into your site from other websites. It occurred to me this would be a good area for CThA members to work together. If you have a website with a links page or the ability to have a links page and would be interested in swapping links with other therapists give me a shout. Peter
Roxanne Degarie
Mar 8 2013 11:52AM
Didnt think about it until now. Interested !
Joy Healey
Mar 11 2013 2:25AM
Hi

Yes, I'm interested, but I do this slightly differently and mostly use Wordpress blogs instead of static websites, because they're easier to update - for me, anyway!

In Wordpress I install a plugin called CommentLuv so that people can comment on your page/post, leave their website/blog and get their link shown. You can see it in action if you scroll down to the end of my Internet blog:
http://joyhealey.com/social-media-marketing-for-dummies-an-alternative/

Feel free to leave a comment and include your website link :-)

The group that's featured in that post has a circle of people commenting on each other's posts to increase the group's exposure. I've only just started with them, and it's more in the Internet Marketing niche than complementary therapy because not that many people are using it in our niches. But you can leave comments and your website on as many CommentLuv blogs as you want. The people who are very experienced with this are commenting on 5-10 sites a day - or more, and leaving their website addresses every time.

I use the paid version of CommentLuv but there's a free version I can find out about if anyone is interested.

Is anyone else using Wordpress? If not, not much point LOL

However, I'm still interested in basic Link Exchange.

Joy
Michele Wiffin
Mar 11 2013 6:53AM
Yes, I'm currently battling to get to grips with this after creating a site recently. Sounds like a good idea, I'm interested!
Jeannie Tan
Mar 13 2013 12:22PM
i am intereste please.
however i am also new to wordpress blog and trying to get grips with it. my worpress blog is:

qiholistictherapiesbyjeannietan.wordpress.com/

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion