Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Debbie Murphy, Apr 5 2013 12:30AM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Menopause

Hello

Any advice on ladies who are going through the menopause and can't sleep - best therapies for them?

Cheers

Debbie :)
Amanda Clegg
Apr 5 2013 1:07AM
Wild yam and black cohosh, and heath &heather nightime blend herb tea! Cotton sheets and a very light duvet with a celluar banket on top so you can strip off the layers!
Rosemary Frost
Apr 5 2013 5:39PM
I've found Aromatherapy, Yoga and Accupuncture helpful,amoungst other things, but its personal preference, and experience.
A good book on the subject is 'Your change your choice' the integrated approach, by Michael Dooley and Sarah Stacey.
Debbie Murphy
Apr 6 2013 3:11PM
Thank you

Urvashi Patel
Apr 9 2013 3:11PM
soya milk is good for the hot flushes. And my client has found that Reflexology has really helped her mood swings.
Debbie Murphy
Apr 13 2013 4:24PM
Thank you :)
George Dunmow
Apr 29 2013 11:15AM
My sister is going through the menopause and once a week she comes to me for a Craniosacral Therapy session. She swears that it has helped her cool down, relax, become less stressed and she can now get a good nights sleep.
Debbie Murphy
Apr 29 2013 1:25PM
George,

That's interesting.

I will have to look that up (never heard of it).

Thanks again.

Angela Smith
May 14 2013 12:26PM
What about supplements? Evening primrose oil combined with a multi vit/mineral is brilliant. Also, acupuncture for hormonal imbalance
Debbie Murphy
May 14 2013 11:07PM
Rosalind Ivison
Jul 2 2013 11:59AM
Arvigo Abdominal Therapy would also be very good for helping get through the menopause. As well as the abdominal massage there are the Rainforest remedies that go along with this and Female Tonic, that also contains Wild Yam amongst other things could be helpful.

For more information on The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy™ you can check out the website at http://www.arvigotherapy.com. That in conjunction with CranioSacral Therapy could be very helpful.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Discussion about treatments