Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Jaquie Blaney, Dec 19 2006 11:37AM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Darley Couches?

Hi there,

Would anyone be able to help me and let me know what has happened to Darley Couches? I purchased a couch from them at the CAM show in October, we have been let down on delivery and now I'm unable to get hold of them! I have rung, no answer, I have emailed, no answer. Anyone know anything on the grapevine??

Many thanks and kind regards,
Jaquie Blaney T.I.D.H.A M.C.Th.A
Helen Dicks
Jan 10 2007 6:11PM
Hi Jaquie,
I haven't heard anything directly about Darley but I would try contacting The Massage Table Store on 020 8983 9800 (www.massagetablestore.com.). I bought my Darley couch from them several years ago and they were extremely helpful. They would probably know what has happened to the company, if anything.
Hope this helps.
Helen Dicks
Angela Rawlins
Jan 17 2007 6:52PM
Hi

If you find out what has happend to 'Darley Couches' can you post it I would like to know as I have purchased a Darley couch about three years ago and had been thinking of purchasing some extensions.

Thanks

Angela Rawlins
Jaquie Blaney
Jan 18 2007 11:40AM
Hi Angela,

Bad news, they've gone into liquidation!!! We're waiting to hear from the liquidators as to what will happen with our order...fingers xed. I'd advise you though to do as Helen has suggested and contact The Massage Table Store. They are excellent, extremely helpful and carry good quality stock. Ask for David, he will be able to help you out. How we wish we had gone back to him!!

Take care,
Jaquie
Angela Rawlins
Jan 18 2007 12:12PM
Thanks Jaquie

What a shame, they are really good couches, best I've seen. A friend of mine bought a new couch but prefers the one I have.

Thanks for the info

Angela
Helen Dicks
Jan 19 2007 10:56AM
That is very sad news. Like a lot of therapists I really rate their couches. Unfortunately there is a glut of manufacturers now, some selling very cheap equipment of dubious quality. I've had my Darley for five years and as most of my work is mobile it is constantly being put up and down and bumped across all sorts of surfaces. It's gone through a couple of sets of wheels on the case and that's a bit battered but the couch is fine. They weren't cheap to buy but you get what you pay for in most cases.
I hope you can recoup your money Jaquie.
Do any therapists have experience of other manufacturers?
Might make an interesting article in Embody magazine as buying a couch is one of the biggest investments a therapist is going to make.
Helen Dicks
Helen Dicks
Jan 19 2007 11:45AM
That is very sad news. Like a lot of therapists I really rate their couches. Unfortunately there is a glut of manufacturers now, some selling very cheap equipment of dubious quality. I've had my Darley for five years and as most of my work is mobile it is constantly being put up and down and bumped across all sorts of surfaces. It's gone through a couple of sets of wheels on the case and that's a bit battered but the couch is fine. They weren't cheap to buy but you get what you pay for in most cases.
I hope you can recoup your money Jaquie.
Do any therapists have experience of other manufacturers?
Might make an interesting article in Embody magazine as buying a couch is one of the biggest investments a therapist is going to make.
Helen Dicks
Angela Rawlins
Jan 19 2007 11:57AM
Hi Helen

Good idea, they could have a tried and tested area!

There are so many adverts now in the magazine! I'd like to see more Complementary therapy articles.
Barbara Towli
Feb 12 2007 9:30PM
Hi
I have a portable massage table by Starlight that I have had for years. At the time of purchase it was one of the strongest and a real selling point was the fact that it was the lightest table on the market. It has adjustable legs and also was one of only a few that had an adjustable backrest. You can contact starlight online and I believe the massage table warehouse used to sell their products. I would highly recommend these tables especially for mobile therapists. They are quick and easy to put up and down. Hope this helps!
Karen Russell
Mar 15 2007 3:09PM
Well what can I say? I bought my couch from them back in '97/'98 and it is still going strong to this day, used mobile. I was about to purchase another cover and pillow from them and to find out via here that they have gone into liquidation. It is such a shame.
You are right though about other manufactures, I was at an event the other week and someone's couch seemed very wobbly I was waiting for it to collapse....
Oh well I guess I better see who does couch covers and pillows. They were such a good company and gave friendly advice too.
Karen
Helen Dicks
Mar 15 2007 3:24PM
Hi Karen,
Try the Massage table Store. They do all sorts of covers, bolsters, cushions etc. I bought a lovely fleece couch cover in 2002 and it washes beautifully every time and is very cosy to lie on. Clients always say how comfortable the couch is to lie on. Is a Darley but I think the cover makes a difference too. Contact them on 020 8983 9800.
www.massagetablestore.com
Helen Dicks

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion