Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Faradena Afifi, Sep 30 2013 10:34PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Massage/ Exercise for people with disabilities

Dear All,
Nice to meet you!
My name is Faradena and I regularly do T'ai Chi Chuan, massage and music sessions for people with multiple and complex, learning and physical disabilities and work one to one with children at schools with SEN's doing T'ai Chi with them. If any of you out there would like to work with this groups of people I am happy to pass on any tips, I have been teaching adapted T'ai Chi Chuan and doing massage with this client group for over 8 years now. If any of you would like to come and visit my public class which is a mixture of T'ai Chi Chuan and a music session for people with moderate to severe learning difficulties and complex disabilities feel free to get in touch with me, I occasionally get visit from physio/ music therapy students and other therapies too. I work in the Cambridgeshire area. The other thing was I was wondering if there were any qualification courses out there on how to adapt massage for people with disabilities? A lot of the stuff I have adapted through my own studying and observation.Thanks
Anthony Mckenzie
Oct 3 2013 12:25PM
Hello myself and a friend Luisa have worked in SEN schools for over 15 years and have been providing massage to SEN students as well as martial arts, we just finish the ITEC 3 in massage this year and have be doing Chi Kung off and on for about 7 years we love the sound of your programme and would love to hear more both of us are from London.

please contact us for a chance to come down.

Anthony
Faradena Afifi
Oct 6 2013 10:38PM
Hi there and thanks for the reply, sounds like we ought to hook up. I do go to London regularly, in fact I am doing a pulsing weekend there this coming weekend (13/14th October) I would be really interested in comparing notes with you both, it sounds like we do similar things. What martial arts do you do with your SEN children? I have also been doing some real basic Filipino stick work with an adult I teach one to one with who has Apsergers and a heart condition as well as the Chi Kung (I am not a qualified stick teacher but was given permission to teach basic stick patterns Tai Chi style by my stick instructor in this specific context, namely very slowly for coordination and gently working the heart)I am quite easy to find on the internet so do feel free to drop me an email if you want to set something up,I am also listed on the CThA website somewhere too!

Best wishes

Faradena

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Announcements / Events