Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Mariette Lobo, Feb 4 2007 7:03PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

More information re Tayforth 2007 meetings

Our programme over the past couple of years has relied on guest speakers providing "free" basic/introductory talks lasting approx an hour and a half. Now, in our 3rd year of meeting as a group some of us would like to move on past "introductions" and "basics" into something a little more in depth and stimulating.

This year, we are fortunate in having 2 providers who are very interested in providing "workshops":

1 Someone from Colourworks who will do a workshop on colour healing - Sat 26 May
2 One of our members who will do a workshop on Angels and Crystals - Sat 28 July

The workshops will last from 10am to 3pm over a working lunch (bring a packed lunch to share!) at our normal venue (St Margaret's Parish Church, Dunfermline). Both course leaders have agreed to charge for the 5-hour slot, regardless of how many attend, which makes the price per person a lot cheaper. This means CThA/Embody members will pay £12 and non-members £15 (the cheapest I could work out for quality input). The room hire will also double from £12 to £22 for the session.

I know it's early days but I need to have some idea of how many Tayforth members would be interested in coming. This is because the numbers limit for the workshops, in both cases, is 15 max and CThA members from Glasgow and Edinburgh, and well as recently qualified therapists from the local colleges, have expressed an interest in them. So it will be first come, first served and Tayforth members will take priority. Running a workshop for 8 or less is not financially viable and more than 15 attending would be a bit of a "crowd" at our current venue. If the workshops idea really takes off, we might have to look for a bigger hall (but not this year!).

Please could you let me know if you can attend both these workshops by end February/beginning March so that I can start making appropriate arrangements for them.

Mariette

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Announcements / Events