Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Sue Hulbert, Jan 1 2014 2:46PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

'Have Your Cake & Eat It' ~ (York & District CThA) 2014 Meetings

NEW venue, time and day for 'Have Your Cake & Eat It' Meetings ~ LEAFLET for downloading will be available late January.

I look forward to welcoming new members and meeting up with old members, SUE HULBERT Co-ordinator

Following the successful November Health-Related Quiz meeting at The Buckles Inn on Tadcaster Road and feedback I received, I have decided to continue to use this comfortable and warm venue where there is ample and FREE off-road parking. The Buckles Inn is also on a well-served Bus Route. (please tel/email me for details)

There will be NINE meetings for 2014, some of which will have 'double bills' and (so far), two will include a Practical or Hands-On Session. At each Meeting there will be plenty of opportunities for Question and Answer sessions. Remember, these are YOUR meetings so please feel free to take advantage to ask Q's and be involved. All Speakers have been kind enough to offer us their time for a much reduced rate, a donation or travel expenses.

At least THREE meetings will include a buffet (inc in the price) & at all nine meetings you will receive a raffle ticket at no extra charge.
Extra raffle tkts cost .50p each. Tea and Coffee can be purchased at £1.00 per cup
Tariff: CThA (Members/non-members): £5.00 CThA / Other Health-Related students: £3.50 Where applicable, 2 CPD points may be gained for attending
Optional Deductions: £2.00 for home-made cake/biscuits provided plus cost of reimbursement (receipts required)
£1.50 for driver who car shares
£1.00 for each raffle prize (max 3) provided

Venue: The Buckles Inn, Tadcaster Road, Bilborough, YORK YO23 3PW
Time: 7.00pm for 7.30pm start
Day: Friday

Dates for Meetings, Topic and Speaker
31st January Networking, please bring your Business cards/leaflets to be displayed.
'How To Juggle Business and Pleasure' ~ The Chair of a number of Community Groups in York
Buffet included in the price

07th March 'Funding Possibilities' ~ Melody Clarke, Funding Advisor for York CVS. An in-depth look into funding various projects covering all sectors.

11th April 'Hidden Disabilities and Complementary Therapies' ~ 3 x 5min talks from people whose disabilities are not apparent
'Cancer and Beyond, A Survival Guide' ~ Ellen Palmer, a Cancer Survivor presents an honest and down to earth, 'no-holes barred' talk from diagnosis
to the present. Talk with your Questions answered

16th May 'Don't Get Caught In The Net' ~ Geoff Palmer, International Science Editor. Geoff will show us how to get the best out of the Internet

13th June Mini Health-Related Quiz ~ brush up on a few facts, Q's & A's on display!
Speaker (tbc)
Buffet and/or Home-made Soup inc.

8th August Speaker (tbc)

3rd October Speaker (tbc

7th November Speaker (tbc)

5th December Health-Related Quiz ~ largely based on the Q's asked on last year's Quiz!
Buffet and Home-made Soup inc.

Thank you for your continued support
Sue

Contact Details:
Mobile: 07855 943 498
email: mazurigold@yahoo.co.uk
Please use header: 'Have Your Cake...' on all email correspondence, thank you
Catherine Hunt
Jan 1 2014 3:00PM
Hi Sue

Glad to see you've got the meetings all sorted for 2014. Sorry I live so far away, maybe I'll make it over to York for a weekend.

Keep in touch and hope you had a great christmas holiday.

Much love

Cat

Catherine Hunt
South Lakes/Cumbria Local Coordinator
Sue Hulbert
Jan 2 2014 6:50PM
Hi Cat

Thanks very much for your email & support, it was great to see your reply so promptly after I posted up the dates! I have posted a few more details on the local York CThA forum, inc directions to The Buckles Inn.

I enjoyed time with both friends/family, in Hants/London, watching the fireworks from Waterloo Bridge.

It would be good to meet up, I'll check the Cumbrian dates too.

Take care

Sue

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Announcements / Events