Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Mukti Rahman, Feb 17 2014 2:45PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Opening a beauty salon

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know what the prior requirement is to open a beauty salon? what qualification(L2/L3) is needed? I have qualification of ITEC L2 on facial and eye treatment. Can I open a beauty salon? Please provide me with the information regarding this matter.
Aku Elizabeth Allotey
Feb 20 2014 1:27PM
I DONT KNOW A LOT BUT

I IMAGINE YOU COULD ONLY PROVIDE THAT SERVICE - FACE AND EYE.
YOU WILL ALSO NEED TO BE LICENSED WITH YOUR LOCAL COUNCIL AND OF COURSE
INSURANCE COVER - PUBLIC LIABILITY, PROFESSIONAL INDEMNITY ETC
SUGGEST YOU GO BACK TO YOUR TRAINING CENTRE AND ASK THEM TO GIVE YOU FURTHER HELP WITH STARTING YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

I HOPE OTHERS ARE ABLE TO HELP YOU MORE.
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW VENTURE

Jane Hopwood
Feb 20 2014 7:57PM
Hi, best wishes for your future career. i think you need to gain a Level 3 to be able to get professional indemnity insurance etc. I think level 2 allows to work supervised i.e. you can work for a beauty business but cannot operate on your own in your own buiness. i may be wrong on this so lets hope you get other comments
Mukti Rahman
Feb 25 2014 3:29PM
Thank you Both Ms. Aku and Ms. Jane,

Sorry for the delayed response. I did my ground work for opening a salon. Opening a salon do not require any qualification but the therapist working there needs proper qualification, insurance and public liability. Of course a salon owner has to go under certain legal process,(This requirement varies council to council) A salon owner should have skilled therapist with L3 for conducting facial electrical treatment, tanning, IPL, etc.
I did my ITEC L2 and completed 3 units that covers salons health and safety , client communication and working in beauty industry. I feel completing Salon management course is an added advantage that helps to run a successful business.

Thanks once again. I apreciate your valuable responses.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion