Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Judith Quin, Jun 13 2014 6:21PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

18th June Sound Circle Meditation

Next Sound Circle Meditation ~ 18th June:

Weds 18th June 6:45pm-7:45pm

VENUE:
YOGI TREE – East Greenwich (close to East Greenwich Library & Westcombe Park Station)
(ENTRANCE - on Denham St, press 193 on the big metal gate to car park, walk through car park to entrance on right with plants)

Please let me know if you are coming so I can set out the room in advance of your arrival.
EMAIL judith.healinghands@gmail.com

COST - as always it's a suggested donation of £10, but it's up to your discretion & pay what you think it's worth (there is a pot - I don't see who gives what)

The sound circle is not about singing ... it is a place to come together in a sonic meditation, using chant and toning, to help let go of stress and holdings, to remember how to breathe, re-connect to your breath and free your true voice.

I start the meditation with a few exercises which aid connection to breath and gently guide the group into making sound, using specific tones to open each chakra. Then, opening up the energy of the circle, we move into a chorus of free sounding, as each voice helps create the group sound. If you prefer, at points during the free sounding you can sit in silence and bathe in the sound vibration.

Sounding can be used for releasing personal holdings, freeing voices, inviting in positive energy from Source, creating a safe, sacred, space where you can escape 'doing' and let yourself just 'be'.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion