Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Susan Dennison, Aug 22 2014 1:37PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Volunteer Relaxation/visualisation facilitator

I am looking for someone to come in every 2 weeks to facilitate a relaxation/visualisation class for people over the age of 60.

I need someone who lives in the Plaistow area of East London. It would be suited to someone who is looking to gain experience in this field. Or if you are experienced then great.

Please contact me on 07949 883 739

Thanks
Susan
Shakunthala (Shaku) Burrell
Aug 22 2014 2:11PM
Hello Susan,

I am extremely experienced but have done relaxation & visualisation techiques for carers in Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea when I used to work there. Havea look at my profile for therapies I do. I use these techiques myself along with yoga, Qigong that I practice daily. I am a DANCEmandala ( ecstatic Meditation dance) facilitator and running workshops here in S.E London and have recently lead a dance in a conscious Festival and at Adult Learners Week 2014 for the same borough. It is a beautiful dance practice based on Yoga principles, transformational.

I am now off today to Santosa Bhakti Festival setting up my massage tent and then house sitting until Sept 10th but free after that to do these techiques. I can also tailor tha dance practicvce for thes 60 year olds who will love it - being able to gently dance and feel relaxed and a good exercise

http://www.meetup.com/DANCEmandala/

www.dancemandala.com

I also have a group called 'Look after 'Myself' on FB. Please let me know if this suits you.

Many thanks
Shaku Burrell
Susan Dennison
Aug 22 2014 9:36PM
Hi Shaku,

Your classes sound amazing I've just checked out your website too it looks wonderful.
Please do contact me when you are back after 10th September. (Enjoy the festiva).

Thank You so much for your quick reply.
Stay in the Love n the Light...
Shakunthala (Shaku) Burrell
Aug 22 2014 9:44PM
Hello Susan,

I meant to say I am 'not' extremely experienced ..sorry about that and a couple of typos - was bit busy as I am heading off to festival in the morning.

Yes I will be in touch. I would love to be able to do this for over 60's - a great opportunity.

Many thanks and much love.

Namaste
Shaku

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Looking for work