Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Mariette Lobo, Feb 17 2007 7:11PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

FINALISED TAYFORTH 2007 CALENDAR

FINALISED TAYFORTH 2007 CALENDAR : Venue St Margaret's Parish Church, Dunfermline (opposite Carnegie Hall).

Saturday 24 March - Therapies Exchange Day. We don't want to be overrun with couches so if you intend bringing one -massage or reflexology - please let me know and once I take a tally, and know how many will be attending this event, I can request more if need be. You will have to bring your own couch roll, towels, blankets and pillows. This Exchange Day will start promptly at 10am and finish by 12pm. The "exchange" will be a full session and not a taster. I will bring along a CD player and appropriate music for the duration. There is drinking water in the hall but if someone else would like to bring a jug an plastic cups, please do. Embody members: £3. Non-Embody members: £4. There will be home baking, tea/coffee supplied by the hall.

Saturday 26 May - Tayforth member Valerie Cowan will hold a workshop on Angels and Crystals. This will start at 10am prompt and finish at 3pm. Please bring along a packed lunch (to share if you wish!). We will have the use of the hall kitchen facilities. Embody members: £12. Non-Embody members: £15. Valery has requested that numbers for this workshop do not exceed 15, so it's first come, first served. So far, I already have half a dozen names.

Here is her programme:

Guided Meditation
Energy awareness
Opening up to work
Crystal work

Break for lunch

Angel heirarchy
Guided meditation to meet your Guardian Angel
Colour Healing
Thanks and grounding.

If anyone wishes to keep the crystal they have been working with they are welcome to do so in exchange for a small fee of a few pounds

Saturday 28 July - Velsha will run a Colour Workshop. This will start at 10am prompt and finish at 3pm. Please bring along a packed lunch (to share if you wish!). We will have the use of the hall kitchen facilities. Embody members: £12. Non-Embody members: £15. Velsha has requested that numbers for this workshop do not exceed 15, so it's first come, first served. So far, I already have half a dozen names. Here is some information on Velsha's workshop (her website is: www.tiamats.co.uk):

Colourworks is a powerful Colour System of combined Coloured Essential Oils and Essences, using natural pigments, oil, distilled water and crystal energy. The products are used as tools for information, transformation and healing of the mind, body, emotions and spirit. When using these colour therapy bath oils, it has been found that the body will not resist the changes it may need to make, as the messages are transmitted via colours and smell rather than through words which the rational mind might otherwise block. A very gentle and supportive healing system, the essential oils have the ability to soak through the skin and transport the colour to areas where healing is needed. Colourworks oils can be used as body oil and in the shower.

Saturday 29 September - Embody member Yvonne Jevons will give an introductory talk on Tibetan Reflexology. This will start at 10am prompt and finish at 12pm. Embody members: £3. Non-Embody members: £4. Here is some information on this technique:

Tibetan Reflexology is an ancient Tibetan system of healing applied to the feet and lower leg to aid rapid healing. This technique was brought to the fore by Stanley Burroughs in the 1930’s and is used throughout the world. It works in conjunction with the nervous system using the ‘Vitaflex’ (vitality through the reflexes) technique which stimulates and heals the body, mind and spirit at a very deep level. This a great addition to any Reflexologists repertoire. All of the technique or parts of it can be used, at the discretion of the practitioner, depending on what is required for a specific client. A complete Tibetan Reflexology treatment lasts approximately 1 hour, but it can be shortened very easily and so is ideal for use during taster sessions at health fairs etc.

Saturday 1st December - Embody member Yvonne Jevons will be giving an introductory talk on The Raindrop Technique. This will start at 10am prompt and finish at 12pm. Embody members £3. Non-Embody members: £4. Here is some information on this technique:

Raindrop Technique is truly incredible and has been developed by Gary Young as a result of inspiration from the traditions of the Lakota Indians. The technique was first brought over to the UK in 2000. It involves dropping neat essential oils directly onto the spinal area, following the French method of application. Feathering movements with the tips of the fingers are used to spread the oil all along the spine and to stimulate nervous system activity. The Vitaflex technique is used to enhance the electrical flow along the nerves of the spinal column and so to all parts of the body. The effects of this treatment can last for up to seven weeks. The key to its success is the use of exceptionally high quality, therapeutic grade essential oils.

Both of Yvonne's session as purely "introductory" at this stage with a view to providing full, CThA recognised, courses early in 2008 for Tayforth members at a Fife venue. Full details of these practitioner courses can be found on the CThA Forums where Yvonne advises regularly OR sample her website: http://www.rainbowholistics.com/ .

Hope to see you at these sessions. However, please let me know if you intend coming as the hall cannot accommodate more than 25 max for the talks and there is a maximum of 15 for the workshops). If you can't make it, I don't want to know!

Mariette Lobo
mfmlob@yahoo.com

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Announcements / Events