Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Deirdre Rice, Feb 9 2015 9:05AM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Volunteer Complementary Therapists Needed in Hospice in North West London

St Luke’s is the local hospice for Harrow and Brent, providing care for people whose illnesses are no longer curable, enabling them to achieve the best possible quality of life whatever the duration and a peaceful, dignified death. Services are provided through the in-patient unit, the Woodgrange Centre and in patient’s own homes.
We have brand new therapy rooms in our newly built Woodgrange Centre and therefore are looking to expand our Complementary Therapy services.

Role purpose

To work as part of the complementary therapy team in delivering high quality, holistic care to the patients of St Luke’s and their carers, across all areas of care provision.

Main Responsibilities

Service Provision and Development
 - Provide complementary therapies to patients and carers across all areas of provision in both individual and group scenarios
 - Be committed to delivering high quality, holistic care within the context of the multidisciplinary team (MDT) and liaising effectively with other members of the MDT
 - Be aware of contraindications or precautions in relation to the patient’s condition and be able to adapt the treatment accordingly
 - Work effectively as part of the complementary therapy team and attend regular peer support complementary therapy team meetings
 - Be responsive to the needs of service users by identifying need and be willing to cross refer to other members of the MDT if they can meet the need more effectively
 - Keep up to date with developments in palliative care and complementary therapy and share learning and ideas with other members of the team
 - Keep concise and accurate records of all interventions in line with St Luke’s record keeping procedures
 - Act in accordance with the Complementary Therapy Policy and all procedures and protocols relating to complementary therapy

Professional and Clinical

 - Ensure adherence to the clinical and administrative policies of St Luke’s including risk assessment
 - Maintain membership of a professional association and abide by the Code of Conduct of that association
 - Maintain up to date professional indemnity insurance
 - Ensure continuing professional development
 - Participate in audit and research projects concerning complementary therapy under the direction of the CT Lead
 - Keep up to date with mandatory training provided by St Luke’s.

For more information please contact us via volunteering@stlukes-hospice.org or call 02083828000.
You can apply via our online application form: www.stlukes-hospice.org/volunteer
Filomena Tereso
Feb 19 2015 1:27PM
Dear Sir/ Madam

My name is Filomena Tereso.

Currently I am an ITEC level 3 diploma in complementary therapies (Massage, Aromatherapy and Reflexology) student at City Lit College.

I am looking to volunteer for a position.

I have gained a wealth of knowledge (and still learning) and skills about massage therapy. I am dedicated and passionate about what I do in my work as a therapist. The client’s needs are first and foremost in every session.. I am looking forward to working in a professional setting where I will be able to make use of the variety of skills I have acquired.

I would be honoured to have the opportunity for an interview. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions. Thank you for your time to review my application. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Regards

Filomena Tereso

Mob: 07932577955
Deirdre Rice
Feb 23 2015 4:17PM
Hello Filomena

Thank you for your application form but you will need to to through the St.Lukes Website.

Many thanks
Deirdre Rice

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Employment Opportunities