Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted Feb 9 2015 11:41AM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Cathy Baxter - Massage Therapy.

Hi, I qualified in ITEC Anatomy Physiology and Massage in 2009 but never started to practise massage as a therapist. I am currently thinking that I would now like to use my qualification as a career change and would be very grateful for any advice in regard to what path I should take to now become a competent massage therapist. Over the last few years I have only used massage on my family members and do not have any experience of salons or as a lone therapist. I don't know whether I would need to re-train or if there is such a thing as a refresher course. Ultimately I would like to be self employed and work from complementary health centres or the like, I do not have space to set up a room in my home.

Many thanks,
Cathy Baxter
CThA CThA
Feb 12 2015 3:28PM
Dear Cathy Baxter,

Thanks for your message.

You can always do a refresher course.

Please Google search a refresher Course.

And you can also get some cpd points, to keep yourself updated about news and trends within the Complementary Therapy Industry .

Regards,
CThA
Amanda Clegg
Mar 1 2015 12:51AM
Jing in Brighton - really excellent training. your qual will be out o date as there has been a lot of realy up to date research into sports/muscle reactions, fascia etc and Jing are brilliant. Good luck, and keep us posted!
btw, I use my sitting room - easy once the kids are at school!

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Questions from Members of the Public