Please do not use forums to advertise courses.
Lavender Field visit this Saturday - a sensual delight
Come and join us on July 25th at the annual Carshalton Lavender Harvest!
It's a family event, so children are also welcome.
Take photos wandering in the Lavender Fields....
Dear Members, come and join us on 25th July.
Pick and have your own lavender distilled... or just take the lavender home... buy lavender products... get treatments...
Bring your own picnic and blanket and enjoy lunch with other members.
Carshalton Lavender is a community project. Carshalton is just to the west of Croydon. Here is a link to the map and directions: http://www.carshaltonlavender.org/Contact/Howtofindus The postcode is: SM5 4NQ
Please wear a CThA badge (if you have one) so we can identify each other and promote our association.
Time: Meet outside at 11:15 for entry at 11:30 together. Phone number for the day: 07940 913382. Any trouble finding the field on the day, ring Carshalton Lavender on: 07948 174907.
What to bring: scissors (to cut the lavender - or you can hire for £1), blanket, picnic
RSVP: please let me know you have coming so we can have a list of who to expect at this fantastic community event.
Here's more from the Carshalton Lavender people:
Pick Your Own Lavender Flowers
Pick bunches of lavender to take home for
* floral decoration
* herbal remedies
* culinary use
* drying to scent rooms and linen
* giving as gifts
* using in handmade soaps, cream, lotions etc
* making lavender crafts such as lavender bags, paper, pouches, candles, door stops, pillows
* charity stall makes
the harvest in July
the community harvest - visitors come and pick their own lavender
Price Guide for 2015 to be confirmed...
Lavender Flowers on stems
* mini/child-size £1
* small £2
* medium £3
* loosely-filled bucket £6
* densely-filled bucket £10
Lavender Bunches (ready picked for you)
Medium Hand-tied £6
Large Hand-tied £10
Scissors loan - £1 refunded on return ( or you can bring your own)
helping out at the harvest weekend
Family Activities - free for accompanied children
* pick lavender while enjoying exploring in the field
* spot bees, birds, ladybirds and butterflies
* catch rosemary beetles (lavender's natural enemy, we need to eliminate them by hand)
* paint/print bunting to decorate the field or take home Pay-as-you-go Activities
* face painting (Saturday only)
* mini/child-size bunch of lavender to take home, £1
Stalls for 2015 to be confirmed ...
* lavender crafts by Kathleen
* lavender art & art cards
* lavender photo art
* natural skincare & room sprays by Just Be Natural
* beekeeping & honey products
* lavender plants
* hot food & refreshments
Lavender sales by Carshalton Lavender volunteers including
* fresh lavender
* hand-tied floristry bunches
* lavender plants - various varieties
* lavender books - history, products, recipes
* lavender essential oil (as distilled in the field)
* lavender floral water (room spray/linen water)
* lavender baked goods
* stylish gnarled sun-bleached branches for floristry or home decor
* and more
Find out exactly where our field is by clicking here
In the Field
Photo opportunities -
* the field is a sea of lavender blue when in flower, so very photogenic
* find a quiet corner to photograph friends and family
* a great chance to make a study of bees and butterflies
In The Field
* be part of the centuries-old tradition of gathering at the harvest to celebrate nature's sights and smells among the fragrant lavender
* watch demonstrations of lavender oil distillation
* bring some lavender from the field to the still and soak up the smell of the aromatic steam waiting through the air as the liquid gold is extracted from the lavender flowers
* learn about our lavender heritage and traditions during the demonstrations
* see photos of London's historic lavender industry
* chat with current volunteers and learn about how to help continue that heritage through practical work in the field and more sedentary volunteering opportunities such as
* taking cuttings
* making up lavender bunches
* packing dried lavender buds
* setting up/ manning our stall at local produce markets
* see how areas of the field are being regenerated to replace the older plants
*see the different varieties of lavender growing in the display area
Look forward to meeting you at the event
Greater London co-ordinator