Please do not use forums to advertise courses.
Complementary Therapist - Milestones Hospital, Stonehouse Road, Salhouse, Norwich, NR13 6EZ
JOB DESCRIPTION Complementary Therapist
Hours of Work: 20 hours per week
Reports to: Clinical Team Leader
Accountable to: Hospital Manager
Salary: £15,615.60 - £18,577 per annum, pro-rata
The post holder will take responsibility for the delivery and evaluation of complementary therapies to patients and will be active in communicating with other disciplines within the Team, ensuring transfer of clinical information in accordance with the requirements of the Care Programme Approach.
The post holder will provide a range of Complementary Therapies to patients on a booking system, working to maximise the effective use of resources and to deliver treatment and care in an environment that is conducive to healing and recovery.
The post holder will be expected to act and practice always within the framework of the Complementary Therapies Association and its’ supplementary guidance.
The post holder will be expected to undertake the following duties and roles:
1. Plan, deliver and evaluate the complementary therapies programme for patients, working within the frameworks of professional governing bodies, statutory requirements and the expectations of regulatory authorities.
2. Practice within the framework of the policies and procedures of Milestones, ensuring that the planning and delivery of care is patient centred and that work is undertaken with patients in a spirit of openness and collaboration.
3. Ensure that all plans of therapy, subsequent changes and evaluations are communicated to the wider multi-disciplinary team, ensuring continuity of approach.
4. Ensure that all progress notes, and other elements of the Health Record are completed in a cogent, comprehensive and intelligent manner.
5. Attend, where necessary, case conferences and review meetings.
1. Undertake to further skills, knowledge base and awareness in respect of issues relating to Mental Health, consistent with enhancing personal and professional development and meeting the aspirations of the organisation in terms of enhancing patient care.
2. Facilitate where possible the learning and development of others.
3. Participate in the process of appraisal with a view to identifying strengths and areas for development, formulating a personal professional development plan.
4. Participate in the process of clinical supervision as a means of reflection on practice with a view to enhancing personal and professional development.
1. Participate in the system of clinical audit as required.
2. Participate in the Health and Safety monitoring system as required
3. Participate in the gathering and collation of data relevant to the organisation as required.
4. Participate in the internal teaching programme for staff as required.
Essential Knowledge, Understanding and Values
• Understanding of and respect for patients with mental health issues
• Understanding and respect for equality of opportunity and diversity
• Understanding of and respect for the importance of confidentiality
• Member of professional association
• Relevant qualification in practiced therapy
• Ability to treat patients with mental health issues and disabilities with respect and sensitivity
• Ability to work calmly and effectively in stressful situations.
• Ability to work as part as a team
• Ability to work alone
• Good communication skills [written and oral]
• Listening skills
• Ability to demonstrate an organised approach to work
• To be able to work within the organisations policy’s and procedures at all times
• Ability to participate physically in control and restraint training and practices.
• Ability to carry out physical duties such as personal care when required.
• Car driver with current valid licence
Desirable Knowledge, skills and attitudes
• Literacy and numeracy
• Experience of people in a caring capacity
• Calm, tolerant, tactful, patient and understanding
• Experience of team working
• Ability to use own initiative within policy guidelines
• Proven practical experience in at least two complementary therapies
• Experience in working within a healthcare environment
• Ability to offer flexible working hours
• Ability to attend staff meetings, supervision and training
• Willing to use own car for business use.
• Commitment to continued professional development
Office & Administration Lead
t: 01603 782200
f: 01603 782201
THIS HAS BEEN POSTED ON BEHALF OF A THIRD PARTY, PLEASE RESPOND DIRECTLY TO THE CONTACT DETAILS ATTACHED