Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Victoria Page, Aug 23 2015 10:34PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Aromatherapy and Essential Oils

Hello lovely fellow therapists!

If you haven’t heard of these already then I would love to introduce some ‘different’ essential oils and a relatively new to the UK Aromatherapy treatment.

I’ve been an Aromatherapist for a long time now and I must say I find my doTERRA essential oils quite magical. They are of the highest vibration I’ve ever known (those that work with energy will know what I mean by that). Previously I was using only Neal’s Yard essential oils in all my treatments and now I feel I’ve upgraded to something even more potent. I use the oils every day both for personal use and add them to all my treatments - they make a difference and I want to share them with everyone! …..so I’m starting with friends of my holistic world.

The treatment I mention is AromaTouch Technique, it’s gentle yet deeply powerful and uses doTERRA essential oils. It’s been part of my practice now for five months and my clients absolutely love it, they find it blissful, healing and relaxing. Separate from offering AromaTouch as a treatment in my practice, I use the specific oils given during AromaTouch on elderly clients I visit at care homes. In my experience residents at care homes can all benefit from a boost to their immune system, support for inflammatory conditions as well as calming/balancing the emotions and relaxing body and mind, and they enjoy them so much, particularly the smell from Wild Orange which is known as the “Happy Oil” – it’s gorgeous smelling, and for those suffering from dementia anything that helps make them free from anxiety is a God send, I love what the oils do for them.

AromaTouch is a great introduction to the wonder of essential oils, they are more than just a ‘nice’ smell and both clients and I have experienced some amazing improvements. For example one client with RSI in both thumbs for the last two years used Deep Blue Soothing Blend, was amazed that within an hour all pain/discomfort disappeared and has not returned since and we’re now four months on from then….many more examples like this – obviously I can’t claim I can “fix” anything but people experience whatever they experience, they feel for themselves and make their own minds up, so empowering. This is what makes me want to share these beautiful oils because they empower and help give choice as to how we can feel better. (Just to add, Deep Blue is one of the AromaTouch oils).

I love talking oils with people and offer ‘Oil Evenings’ (free of charge) at people’s houses for them and a group of friends. If you as a therapist would love to find out more, or as an Aromatherapist would like to ‘meet’ these very different essential oils then please get in touch or visit my website: www.vip-therapies.com I’d love to hear from you.

Thanks for reading my post – you might have noticed I’m so passionate about essential oils :)

Victoria x
Linda Morrissey
Aug 23 2015 10:56PM
Victoria

Thank you for your post on the forum - I've no idea why it was sent to me though !

You do sound passionate about essential oils - but I have found most Aromatherpists are - don't you ?

What would have been helpful would have been to include the website address of your wonderful oils - so if other therapists were inspired - they could have a look and read a bit more about them.

I've just had a quick look online - but only found a site in America and nothing about the wonderful energy you mention.

Perhaps you could share their contact detail.

Many thanks.
Victoria Page
Aug 23 2015 11:21PM
Hey Linda, thanks for your lovely reply.

Yes, you're right, Aromatherapists do love essential oils and these ones have inspired me all over again. I would imagine all therapists are passionate about what they do as our drives tend to be vocational and a feeling we're here to make a difference and to be of service - I know that's true of me anyway.

I did post my website link on the forum post so people can find out more and maybe also be inspired ;) here it is again for you:

www.vip-therapies.com

doTERRA is an American company which is why a search would take you there. Their essential oils hit the UK via a few ladies introducing them here three years ago, so although early days I think people will be hearing a lot more about them in the future because they stand out.

As to why the the CThA sent you the forum post link, you must have subscribed to the DISCUSSION ABOUT TREATMENTS so you'll be notified of posts that come in under it, it's easy to unsubscribe. Every now and again I check what I'm subscribed to. There's some great posts on there!

Anyway, thanks again for responding so promptly.

Victoria

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Discussion about treatments