Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Rosemary Pharo, Aug 30 2015 6:38PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Cam Expo - Volunteers for Rest and Relaxation stand

Once again CThA is running a Rest and Relaxation Zone at CamExpo (Sept 26/27) and raising money for a worthwhile cause - this time it is Yes to Life - a charity that supports people with cancer who are taking an integrative approach to their treatment. Here's their website: http://yestolife.org.uk/

We have opportunities for members to come and offer the following treatments: Head Massage, Foot Massage/Reflexology, Neck and Shoulder Massage, Reiki.*

We also have opportunities for members to help on the stand, rather than giving treatments: taking bookings, handling clients and ensuring consultation forms are filled etc, and talking to therapists, students and potential members. You don't need to be qualified in the treatments we are offering in order to do this.

We will be offering 15 minute relaxing treatments in return for a donation to Yes to Life. CThA will be matching all donations given as well to double the amount we raise.

As a volunteer you can give out your business cards to people you treat, CThA will give you free entry to the Exhibition and pay your travel. We will also have refreshments in a room where you can relax. All you need is some black trousers: CThA will provide you with a top to wear. We'd like people to offer blocks of at least two hours.

To be part of our fab team, request a form from greater-london@ctha.com.

The opportunity is on a first come, first served basis, with 8 September as the deadline.

Thank you everyone in advance
Rosemary Pharo
London Regional Co-ordinator
*We will be offering a specific protocol for Reiki treatments - if you're coming on 6th September I can show you then!
Liz Almond
Sep 1 2015 12:46PM
Hello Rosemary,

I would love to help out on the stand on 27th September. I'm happy to help out for up to 4 hours, which will give me time to explore the event too. I'm happy just to be doing the admin side of things as getting a massage table/or chair up to London would be a problem for me. If you need someone to do Reiki or Indian Head Massage though, I'm happy to help though.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm wishes

Liz :o)
Zoe Davenport
Sep 1 2015 2:21PM
Hi I can potentially help out for 2 hours on 27th. Can you send me an email if you still need people.

davenportzoe@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks
Aleksandra Jawulska
Sep 1 2015 7:15PM
Hi Rosemary,

It would be great to offer seated acupressure massages at the event. I'm happy to do treatments of 20 minutes, and can bring my own massage chair if necessary, but if you can provide one that would be even better. I'm happy to bring tissues and wipes and anything else needed.
I'm available on the Saturday.

Please feel free to email me if you still need therapists.

Thanks a bunch

Aleksandra
Aleksandra Jawulska
Sep 1 2015 7:16PM
Oops, here is my email and mobile...

Olajaw136@gmail.com

Aleksandra

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Announcements / Events