Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by David Pexton-Hayes, Mar 14 2016 4:17PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Scam - Integrated Care 4 NHS

Thought I'd let everyone know -

Last week I took a call from a lady who said her name was Amy Hunter for Integrated Healthcare. They were running a database newly set up with the NHS for GP's to search and refer their patients onto CAM therapists. I couldn't take the call at the time but I did this morning. They had a special offer on and it was £100 to be registered.

This lady said that she would show me examples and over the phone I clicked on the items on their website and I could see the search functions etc. It all seemed legit. She even mentioned Prince Charles' work with CAMs and integration with NHS. She directed me through to the pay now and I did so using paypal. Thankfully I changed the payment option to my credit card. Once I had completed that and given her the reference that Paypal use she wished me well and told me what the next steps were. I then tried to use the links they sent me via email and they didn't work. I then went back and looked at the website I had been viewing and all the examples were complete rubbish, the search provided examples that they've set up. I've tried calling them back but no one answers.

I've contacted my bank and paypal and should hopefully get the money back. I've also contacted action fraud UK and given a statement. I also searched under the company number and it's newly registered - two weeks ago. I've then googled their director and all I can find is blogs where people say it is a cold call service where they say they're part of the NHS and they get therapists to sign up for a fee but it is a scam. The BACP have a link http://www.bacp.co.uk/media/index.php?newsId=3662 where an investigation was carried out after complaints about another service. These look like the same people.

Just be aware that this is a scam. Don't get caught out like I have.

Amanda Clegg
Mar 14 2016 7:04PM
thanks for hte heads up!

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Announcements / Events