Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Shainaz Alidina, May 28 2016 9:19PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Massage medium for oncology patients

hi
please can anyone adviseme on what medium to use on oncology patient that is on oxygen therapy, neubuliser or oxygen concertrator ?

thanks
shaz
Frances Kelly
May 29 2016 9:18AM
Good morning Shaz, depending on allergies, skin condition sunflower, safflower would be safe to use there is a lotion based medium available also.however the use of essential oils is not advisable. I would suggest you also discuss the therapy being used with the patients healthcare professional as I am assuming there is a care package in place for the patient!

Frances
Shainaz Alidina
May 29 2016 9:33AM
Good morning Frances,

Thank you so much for your reply. Have you tried any water based lotions that are good for massage? Or reflexology?
Any literature anywhere that i can read up or access?

kind regards
shaz
Frances Kelly
May 29 2016 1:29PM
Hi Shaz, yes I have used the light white based lotion from Base Formula when working in palliative care also unscented Songbird wax is great for reflexology. There is another lotion base that I have used but will not find out until Tuesday who the supplier is.

Again I would be discussing all aspects of the patients care with their health care professional.

Frances
Shainaz Alidina
May 29 2016 1:40PM
Hi Frances

thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it. Please do let me know when you find out on tuesday.

kind regards
shaz

Enjoy the bank holiday weekend.

Frances Kelly
May 29 2016 1:54PM
Thank you, you also.
Rosemary Pharo
Jun 3 2016 10:10AM
http://www.massagetherapy.com/articles/index.php/article_id/2056/Chemotherapy-and-Massage

You might find some interesting information in this link

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Therapy Lecturers Association