Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Shelley Foster, Jun 30 2016 10:28PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Training standards and regulation

Hello,

Please forgive me. I am a bit miffed.

How is anyone allowed to do a weekend diploma still and be allowed to take insurance and set up as a practitioner? I know that CThA don't allow this, but other so called therapy bodies do.

I did a one day workshop on Hopi Ear Candling last weekend. The school was ok. But what shocked and really annoyed me is that there were 2 (perfectly lovely) ladies on the course, who, apart from a seated massage diploma had no other training. The tutor told them to ring Beauty Guild to get insurance. She must of seen the look on my face because she quickly added that it was best to do the ITEC course etc.

How are we ever supposed to raise standards, and awareness about the benefits of massage so that therapists get paid and valued to their full worth if this is allowed???

Even their ITEC Massage and Reflex diploma's are questionable - hardly any time in classroom and left to your own devices to do all the case studies. Most of which will be made up and can't be checked, and this hardly makes for a good therapist..

Just wondering what else we can do to sort this out, and if anyone else feels the same way?

Shelley

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Regulation and CAM