Please do not use forums to advertise courses.
Paul’s Cancer Support Centre needs massage therapists in southwest London
• Would you like to share your skills as a qualified massage therapist and offer compassionate touch to someone too frail to leave their home?
• Are you able to commit 2 hours a week to visit clients in Wandsworth and the surrounding boroughs?
We are recruiting volunteer practitioners to offer complementary therapies to people with cancer and to their families in both our Home Visiting Service and also at our Centre in Battersea. Successful applicants will be offered a comprehensive training starting January 21st 2017.
The training covers the key knowledge and skills needed for you to work safely and competently with people living with cancer and will cover the following topics:
• types of cancer and treatments and common side effects
• adapting your practice to the needs of the clients (side effects of cancer and its treatment)
• palliative care, attachment and loss and working with people who may be at the end of life
• managing boundaries with clients, listening skills, and self-care for practitioners
For more information and to book a place at the Open evening on Thursday 13th October 2016 please email Marisca Ribeiro at email@example.com or visit our website www.paulscancersupport.org.uk
THIS HAS BEEN POSTED ON BEHALF OF A THIRD PARTY, PLEASE RESPOND DIRECTLY TO THE CONTACT DETAILS ATTACHED