Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Dhanu Kara, Jan 18 2017 11:59PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

CPD Meeting: Therapeutic Story Making & Supervision – Sat, 4th Feb 2017, 10am to 3pm

Hi
I hope you had a peaceful and festive break. I’d like to invite you to an interesting and informative CPD meeting with an unusual subject, which helps with self-understanding and possibly your clients.

Meeting: CPD - Therapeutic Story Making and Supervision
Facilitator: Alex Chew
Date/Time: Saturday 4th February - 10.00am to 3.00pm
Venue: To be informed at time of booking (Hatch End, Pinner)
Cost: £12.00 (Certificate for 4 CPD points, on request)

Programme of Activities:
10.00 - Therapeutic Story Making (2 hours)
12.00 - Refreshments and Networking
13.00 - Supervision (2 hours)

Facilitator: Alex Chew is Personal & Professional Development Consultant trains and supervises creative arts/drama therapists/play therapists, counsellors/psychotherapists and complementary therapists. Practitioner in Tai Chi and Health Qi-gong.

Therapeutic Story Making: This workshop introduces the use of creative imaginative narratives to understanding yourself and possibly your clients.
Six-Piece Story Making (6PSM) is a projective technique using structured instructions to create a fictional story, which may be used for personal development, in therapeutic assessment or treatment. Progressive instructions are given to draw each part of a new fictional story and clients are invited to tell the story right through without interruption.
Open-ended questions are offered to encourage the client to elaborate details further. Themes, conflicts, world view, problem-solving etc., which are displayed in the story and the metaphorical nature of the narrative will communicate and offer meaningful insights about your own or your client’s experience.

As space is limited, places will be allocated on first come basis and bookings close on 1st February.
You need to book your place prior to arrival, by emailing me: dkara_stresstherapies@hotmail.co.uk and you will be given the venue address at time of booking.

I look forward to seeing you.

Dhanu

Dhanu Kara
CThA co-ordinator for Harrow, Uxbridge & Middlesex therapist group

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Greater London Region