Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Jason Ellis, Jan 30 2017 9:44PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Brain Picking time. How does room rental work at the start?

I was wondering what peoples experiences are?
If you want to rent a room in a new area starting from scratch (no client base). How have you gone about it? Obviously paying out daily/hourly rates with no bookings is crazy. So how did you build a client base in advance of room rental? Is this even possible?
Any thoughts and insights from those who have had similar experiences would be greatly appreciated.

thanks jay.

Julia Smallbone
Feb 1 2017 10:50AM
Hi, I've recently moved from being only mobile to having a base 3 days a week. I ran a Groupon offer - it's not ideal as you don't get paid much, but it helps towards the room rental and brings new clients in. And some of those clients are re-booking at full rate. Other suggestions if you're moving to a new area is join a networking group in your new area and run a launch offer.
Julia Smallbone
Feb 1 2017 10:50AM
Or the other option if you haven't already found a room, is look for one that only charges you a percentage of what you earn.
Clio Gayton
Apr 24 2017 11:32PM
Clio Gayton
Apr 24 2017 11:37PM
Hi Julia,

How did the Groupon deal work? Did you find the room then approach Groupon?

I'm also mobile at the moment, but wolud like to rent a room for a couple of days to start with.

Thanks

Clio
Julia Smallbone
Apr 25 2017 1:08PM
Hi Clio,

Groupon wanted me to have a base before they would let me run an offer with them - I had previously tried to do it when I was mobile but they wouldn't let me. I'm now in my room full time and have a lot of Groupon customers coming through. Quite a few of them have re-booked with me directly - I'm hoping that at some point soon I'll have enough regulars to be able to ditch Groupon, but in the meantime it is helping a lot. Although I've been so busy I'm suffering with my hands and back, but that's another conversation!

Kind regards
Julia
Clio Gayton
Apr 25 2017 2:41PM
Hi Julia,

Thanks for the information. I have looked at the grpupon web site and it seems like they on accept people who are mobile, althought I think this kind deal works better if you have a base.

This is a really good channel for massage therapists. It has some good tips about self care

https://www.youtube.com/user/MassageSloth

Thanks

Clio
Julia Smallbone
Apr 25 2017 3:49PM
Thanks Clio, I'll have a look at that!
Jason Ellis
Apr 25 2017 5:05PM
Thanks for the info' Julia. Good luck.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion