Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Dawn Bradley, Jun 13 2017 8:24PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Free accommodation in southern Spain in exchange for accommodation in Maidenhead area

Hello fellow therapists!

I have a genuine offer for someone who would like to have regular, cheap holidays to southern Spain.

I am back and forth between Spain and England, and I need a place to call home for my time in England.
I'm generally in England for around 12 days a month, which will be less frequent from December 2017.
Ideally I'd like to exchange with someone on an ongoing basis, so I can leave a few items of clothing etc at your home in England, but I will consider one-offs to begin with.
I've been a therapist for almost 20 years, and I've been trusted to do house-sitting for clients. I've also got great feedback on couchsurfing and Airbnb.

When I'm back in England I work every day. I'm only home to sleep, cook, eat and shower!
I need a bedroom that I can call my own. Where I can leave clothes, toiletries etc.
Ideally I need a place to park my car while I'm in Spain, but that's not crucial, and it can be on the street.

I'm looking for a place with no pets, and no children. Somewhere that's peaceful and relaxed. Ideally I'd swap with a single person, like myself, who can commit to the dates I have already set. (My flights are booked)
You must be a non-smoker.

My client base is centred around Maidenhead, reaching out as far as Farnborough and Gerrards Cross.
I lived in Wargrave for 10 years, and also in Taplow, so anywhere around those areas will be great.

In return I have a beachside apartment, with views of the Atlantic ocean from the balcony.
You would have access to a bedroom with 2 single beds, and a shower room with sink and toilet. There's also a tiny, but fully equipped kitchen, a lounge-diner and unlimited wifi.
There are plenty of restaurants and bars within walking distance, even though I'm in a very quiet location at the north end of the beach. There are shops and supermarkets one mile from my apartment.
The beach is almost endless. I run, and so far I've run 10 miles in one direction at low tide.
Oh, and the weather is much sunnier and warmer then in England!!

Flights can be booked cheaply in advance, as can car hire. So far I've paid about 30 pounds for 2 weeks car rental.
Jerez airport is a 30 minute drive, and Seville airport is just under 2 hours. There is public transport, but I've not used it much yet, other than to get from Seville to Jerez airport.

Mutual respect of each other's homes is essential for this arrangement to work, and I would like to have an agreement formally written up to protect us both. Especially as I would be leaving personal belongings at your home.

I know that someone out there will jump at this chance, and it's just a matter of finding them!
If that's not you, but you can think of a close friend or relative who might be interested, please do pass this information to to them.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this notice.

With best wishes,

Dawn

Sue Hulbert
Jun 14 2017 11:01PM
Hi Dawn,

I do hope you find someone who will reciprocate. It's certainly a great opportunity, I work in the South though have a house in York.
I'll ask around to see if any of my friends will be able to accommodate you.

Take care & best wishes
Sue
mazurigold@yahoo.co.uk
Dawn Bradley
Jul 31 2017 10:12AM
Thanks sue

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Announcements / Events