Please do not use forums to advertise courses.
Complementary Therapist - Wokingham, Berkshire
Salary: £45 per 3 hour session
Employment Type: Part Time
Hours of Work: Friday – 10 am – 4pm (2 x 3 hour sessions)
Ref No: 7423
Sue Ryder is looking to recruit an experienced Complementary Therapist to provide Aromatherapy massage and Reflexology. You will work closely with the Palliative Care Team at their Wokingham Well Being Group and Outpatient unit to start from January 2018.
We are looking for a Complementary Therapist to cover 2 x (3 hour) sessions a week. You will be working as a self-employed therapist and sessions are paid at a rate of £45 per 3 hour session. Days of work: Friday – 10 am – 4pm (2 x 3 hour sessions)
All of our patients have life-limiting illnesses such as cancer, motor neurone disease, heart failure and COPD. We also provide outpatient appointments for carers. You will be working closely alongside other members of the palliative care team and although palliative care experience is an advantage, it is not essential.
• A recognised accredited qualification relevant to your therapy, for example ITEC, VTEC, university diploma.
• Registered with a relevant professional body and fully insured. CNHC registration is desirable.
• Evidence of post qualification experience of at least six months
• Experience of working with patients with complex needs desirable
• Good listening skills and ability to communicate effectively with staff, patients and families
We’ll offer therapists in this role, regular reviews and emotional support from our small, friendly team. This is an opportunity to use your skills to support people at a difficult time, while developing your experience within a palliative healthcare environment.
For more information please contact: Linda Turner
Complementary Therapy Co-ordinator
Normal Office Hours Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday 8.30am - 4.00pm
Duchess of Kent Hospice Tel: 01189 550 400 email: linda.turner@sueryderc
THIS HAS BEEN POSTED ON BEHALF OF A THIRD PARTY, PLEASE RESPOND DIRECTLY TO THE CONTACT DETAILS ATTACHED