Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Joyce Laurie, Aug 20 2007 11:36AM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

How is anyone getting on with the Sainsbury's offer?

I have had diddly squat so far.

This really surprises me as I had masses from The Telegraph (only one from the NOTW. These clients have largley stayed with me, which is great.

Do shoppers not buy the magazine? I have to say, I shop there all the time and don't.

Regards

Joyce
Angela Rawlins
Aug 20 2007 6:25PM
Hi

Well - I had nothing from the Telegraph, which is not surprising since they didn't have my telephone number listed! Nothing from Sainsburys, except from a collegue who has also registered!

I can't imagine many shoppers 'buying' the magazine. I think we need better promotions, say in 'Here's Health' magazine for instance.
Ruth Maguire
Aug 20 2007 8:40PM
Hi there,
I had high hopes for this promotion but I have not had any enquirys either. I live really close to a Sainsburys so shop there and I do buy the magazine but haven't seen the vouchers. Have I missed them? What do they actually look like?

Clare Humphrey
Aug 21 2007 7:08AM
I have had two people respond but they are existing clients anyway. According to the Embodyforyou website the August issue of the magazine was on sale from 18th July, however in my local Sainsburys the September issue was on the shelves by the 1st August. This doesn't seem to have given much time for people to have the opportunity to take part!
Alison Baillie
Aug 21 2007 9:40AM
I also have had no responce from the Sainsbury offer but as I did not have any from the Telegraph offer I was not really supprised either.
Alison mcCandless
David John Grant
Aug 21 2007 11:21PM
Nothing from the Sainsbury's offer either!

I did get 3 from the Daily Telegraph offer - but nothing from News of the World.

Looks like the effort to collect tokens over a few days works out best?

David
Sharon Lorimer
Aug 24 2007 10:02AM
Hi,

I've had 3 responses from the Sainsbury's offer, all of whom were existing customers.

Still, the offer doesn't end till 28th Sept so there's still time :-)

Sharon
Eileen Pryor
Aug 28 2007 2:31PM
I've had nothing either which is really disappointing. The point about the availability of the magazine is valid - it didn't seem to be on sale for very long. Still, nothing ventured and all that.....
Janet Pitcher
Sep 1 2007 11:06PM
Hi
I have had 'no luck' also with the Sainsburys offer... I did however have LOTS of work with the Daily Telegraph, around 15 in fact. Nothing from the News of the World... but was not particularly surprised with that one.

I think also that Here's Health, or a similar magazine, would be a good option... going forward maybe!?

Regards

Janet Pitcher
Michael Sullivan-Lozano
Sep 5 2007 4:36PM
I've had no clients either, and only one from the Telegraph. I didn't realise people had to buy the magazine. I agree that an offer in a free giveaway or a click-link on a website (to print off an e-voucher) for instance would work much better.

Mike
Angela Rawlins
Sep 5 2007 4:43PM
I re-iterate - we need exposure in more appropriate magazines. The Sainsburys magazine is I feel down market as with NOW.

How about The CThA approaching 'Here's Health', some of the 'Ladies' magazines for instance.
Ruth Maguire
Sep 5 2007 5:14PM
Totally agree Angela. There are loads of health magazines out their at the moment that are directly going to the potential clients we would wish to target. In the years that I have been a member I have had no clients come to me via the Embody site nor through any of the promotions.

I would really like to see some figures that back up the success of the current approach - surely it's working for some people? And if not some different action is required?
Angela Rawlins
Sep 5 2007 5:32PM
Hi Ruth

I have been a member when it was the guild of complementary practitioner AND only ever got one client.

I haven't got any clients that have stayed from the news papers. Totally the wrong coverage. Well - I and other I know of feel that the beauty side is given more attention. When it was The Guild, we used to have seminars just for the complementary therapists.
Sharon Lorimer
Sep 5 2007 5:57PM
Hi,

I've had a different experience having had a lot of my clients (plus just initial enquiries) find my details via the Embody web site.

Having read through the thread of this forum I have to say a lot of very valid points are being made, I particularly like the idea of a promotion in one of the Health & Fitness mags and feel that perhaps they would be a more appropriate forum for us complementary therapists than the Sainsbury's mag or NOW.

BTW I noticed that the promotion in the Sainsburys mag only appeared in the big copy that shoppers have to pay for and not the little 'give-away' mag that Sainsbury's do. Perhaps we may have received a better response if the promotion had featured in that? Who knows??

Anyway, roll on January and the Telegraph Promo I say :-)

That's all for now.

Sharon

Joyce Laurie
Sep 5 2007 11:41PM
Are we (as an organisation) doing The Telegraph again at the beginning of the year?

Joyce

p.s also agree that a health magazine would do better. What about even joining with Holland and Barret or any other uk wide health food shop for a token in any of their free publications that are often on the counter of the shops?
Sharon Lorimer
Sep 6 2007 7:54AM
Hi,

Sorry, I just made an assumption, based on the apparent success of the Telegraph promo, that Embody would be participating again at the beginning of next year.

Sharon
Caroline Williams
Sep 6 2007 8:11PM
Haven't had one enquiry from any of these offers :-(
Sava Andric
Sep 30 2007 12:19PM
Hello Joyce

My name is Sava and I have just recently joined CThA please can I ask you what is Sainsbury doing and how can I get to be known.

Waiting for your reply
Thanks
Shelley Foster
Oct 26 2007 12:28PM
Hi joyce

ive had nothing from the sainsbury offer, but it looks like the telegraph may be a better option.

in addition, i have been a member of ctha for several years and have never had an enquiry via the web, apart from a 'gentleman' looking for 'sensual lingham massage' so there you go!
Roushan Martens
Oct 31 2007 4:33PM
Just seen this post - the notification of postings seemed to stop for a while. Yep, nothing for me, either. I have to say, though, I've had 3 or 4 clients through the website this year. Maybe that's because I'm central in a big city...
Sarah Forsdyke
Nov 17 2007 1:24PM
Just seen this thread. I also live close to a Sainsbury's and in a highly populated area but didn't get one enquiry from the Sainsbury's magazine offer!
Claire Louise Ashton
Nov 20 2007 12:27PM
I live close to a big Sainsbury's and I got nothing either :(
Have had a couple of clients who found me from my listing here in recent months though :)
Gillian Kenyon
May 16 2008 4:19PM
Having researched feedback from quite a number of practitioners now (100+), it seems like the EMBODY promotions that followed on from the very first telegraph one have all flopped. No client interest at all.

Why was this ?. Does anyone have any ideas - it looks like it from the above feedback - everyone seems to be saying that EMBODY needs to be placing promotions in Health and Wellbeing related magazines and periodicals.

That clients are interested in Health and Wellbeing promotions and NOT pamper.

Come on EMBODY, how much more can we say - you should know that for Complpementary Therapists the target market is one in the Health sector. Please get out there and identify the target audience, their demographics mean that they should be willing and able to pay for their treatments.

If you need some help. I always used BRAD to identify the demographic coverage and circulation of magazines and periodicals. I think you might find that helps.
Gillian Kenyon
May 18 2008 11:24AM
I have just received this from EMBODY - they are asking therapists to collect the vouchers and send them back. Why when we are not being paid anything for the vouchers- is it because all the other campaigns seem to have been so disasterous and EMBODY wishes to counter those claims ?.

I am however aghast that as this promotion is being run by Mosaic - and will be being paid for by Muller - why is it being taken as the second promotion for which EMBODY members have paid - It is not costing EMBODY anything - indeed, I would even ask, is this like the aborted ASDA promotion through Mosaic - are EMBODY being paid by Mosaic as well as being paid £20 by us members ?.

Second Embody Promotion begins tomorrow
You may not know this sender. Mark as safe | Mark as unsafe
Sent:18 May 2008 06:22:26
To: thehclub@hotmail.com

Dear Gillian The Müllerlight on pack promotion begins tomorrow, 2.5 million promotional packs will begin to hit the shelves tomorrow.

For terms and conditions see: www.embodyforyou.com/Promotions/MullerlightTermsAndConditions

To help us monitor the response to this promotion, please can you collect all vouchers you receive and send them in to us at the end of the promotion to the address below.

Good luck
Martyn Nixon
Marketing Manager
Embody Embody Promotions
PO Box 6955
Towcester
NN12 6WZ
Tel: 0870 005 2646 Fax: 0844 779 8898
Email : info@embodyforyou.com
Web : www.EmbodyForYou.com

A division of Education & Media Services Limited.

Michael Sullivan-Lozano
Jun 4 2008 9:07AM
Just to keep everyone up to date, I have had no bookings or even enquiries from any of the promotions offered this year. As I had just one booking from last years promotion, I am now out of pocket for the whole thing and will not be doing this again.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion