Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Clare Weatherill, Sep 17 2007 1:12PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Can anyone recommend a brand of massage oil?

I am just starting out a a mobile massage therapist, and wondered if anyone could recommend a good brand of massage oil. I had hoped to use Aromatherapy Associates, but they have told me that I have to have a minimum of 2-3 treatment rooms, plus a minimum initial order of £3000....which as a start up business is not feasible! Any suggestions most welcome!
Michelle McAnena
Sep 19 2007 8:25PM
Hi Clare,
I always found Meadowsweet oils very good, haven't ordered for some time as been on extended mat leave so couldnt find e-mail. They are however part of the Middlesex School of Complementary Medicine, so shouldn't be to hard to find.

They never asked me for a min order and i found their oils as good as anyones, just a tip though make sure you have a base oil containing no nuts for allergy sufferers,

good luck.

Michelle
Caroline Williams
Sep 21 2007 3:49PM
I love tui massage waxes and they are especially good when travelling and working in other peoples' houses as they don't spill. As a therapist you can register and get them at wholesale prices, and there is no minimum order. I have always found that the delivery arrives the next day - I have NO idea how they manage that! Look at http://www.songbirdnaturals.co.uk/
Good luck
Caroline
Joyce Laurie
Sep 25 2007 12:04AM
I use Quinessence and have never been asked for a minimum order.

Also, delivery in 2-3 days. No errors, nice telephone staff, easy to use webby.

Joyce
Nicky Bonfield
Oct 27 2007 12:30AM
Hi Clare!

I am a clinical aromatherapist and also blend massage oils for clients - small salons and health spas.

I would be happy to mix some oils for you - one bottle at a time if you like! :-)

Please get in touch if you'd like further information.

Kind regards

Nicky

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion